If there’s nothing you love more in the world than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter you must try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe! Oreo crust, creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling loaded with chocolate chips, milk chocolate ganache with a pile of chopped Reese’s cups on top=pure bliss!!!
Peanut butter filling between two chocolate layer tastes like gigantic peanut butter cup, AWESOME!!!
As a true lover of the world’s best flavor combination, it’s been really a long time since I published my last CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE!!! So I had to change that immediately!!!
OK, I know, it’s summer! All kinds of fresh and juicy fruits are in full season, but I have become a bit boring. Light, refreshing, no bake summer recipes was great, especially my White Chocolate Blueberry Lasagna, it was a huge hit, but I was craving for CHOCOLATE!!! And by chocolate I meant real chocolate, like dark or milk chocolate, not white chocolate!
I simply had to make something rich and decadent, something overloaded with chocolate!!!
When I started brainstorming some chocolate dessert ideas I thought if there’s no fruits included, what would be the perfect match?! Peanut butter, of course!!! Chocolate and peanut butter is the world greatest combo of all times!!! Next dilemma was in form to pack this yummy combo? I already have Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, bars , Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Valentine’s Hearts , Parfait , Buckeye Brownie Cookies … But the best of all were my Cheesecake Truffles and Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes .
I decided to combine two of mine favorite chocolate- PB cheesecake recipes in one and so I came up with this mouthwatering Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake. I made regular size cheesecake with so many flavors (Triple Chocolate, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin, Bailey’s… but I’ve never made PB and chocolate combo.
As a base for this cheesecake I made my favorite Oreo crust. Everything is better with Oreo, right?! Since I liked so much the texture of my PB truffles, I decided to add chocolate chips in this cheesecake, too. For the topping I add a thick layer of smooth and silky chocolate ganache. Milk chocolate ganache, dripping around the cake…YUM!!!
This cake already has chocolate cookie crust, cheesecake filling overloaded with chocolate chips and chocolate ganache on top, but I simply had to crowned my cake with chopped Reese’s cups, a lot of them…just because!!! I thought, there’s no such thing as too much chocolate!
That’s all I had to tell you about this this ridiculously rich and decadent Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
I’ve just devoured the last piece of it and if I stay here for a few more minutes I’ll start drooling over the pictures craving for another slice!
Craving for more desserts like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake?! Check these:
Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is rich and decadent combo of my favorite chocolate cheesecake and Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake and frosting, surrounded with lots of chocolate chips!
If you are a real chocoholic, love cheesecake and are an Oreo addict, then there is only one solution for you, the decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust.
Boozy, sinful and decadent Irish Cream Cheesecake loaded with Bailey’s Irish Cream, topped with thick layer of chocolate ganache and Oreo crust, will be great St. Patrick’s Day dessert.Print
If there’s nothing you love more in the world than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter you must try this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe!
For Oreo Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter-melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 32 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 1 and 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cups miniature chocolate chips
For Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips or 9.5 oz. milk chocolate-finely chopped
- Chopped Reese’s cups
- Crushed roasted peanuts
First, coath 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Wrap pan with two layers of aluminum foil and bring the foil up the sides of the pan and make sure it is tight and secure so no water gets in during the baking in water bath!!!!
To make the crust:
- In a food processor finely ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling to get fine crumbs. Combine the crumbs with melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of springform pan and set in the fridge to firm while making the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Mix in peanut butter , heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition just to combine, do not over mix it.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread the mixture over chilled crust. Smooth the top and place the springform pan in a roasting pan. Pour hot water in a roasting pan (about a quarter of the way) .
- Bake for 55-70 minutes, until the cheesecake is set around the edges and slightly loose in the center. Tent the top of springform pan with aluminum foil if it start browning too quickly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and set on a cooling rack to cool. Remove aluminum foil and refrigerate (at least 5 hour or overnight).
- When the cake is completely cooled run a thin knife around the edge and release the ring of springform pan, than transfer the cake on a serving plate.
- On a medium heat bring heavy cream to boil. Place half of the milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate, stir until the chocolate is melted completely. Add remaining chocolate and stir until it’s melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. The ganache should be pourable but not too thin.
- Spread the ganache on top all over to the edges and let it drip down the sides. I suggest you to do this in two layers to avoid the ganache run down too much and cover the whole edges of the cake. Also if the ganache won’t drip enough you can slightly reheat the second batch and drizzle it with the spoon. Let the ganache set slightly than sprinkle with chopped peanuts and pile with coarsely chopped Reese’s.
- Set in the fridge until ready to serve.