Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – all flavors you love, you’ll get here in every bite: moist and buttery cake, creamy cheesecake filling, juicy raspberries and crunchy streusel topping.
And just to mention, right at the start, just so there are no confusions: even though it is called coffee cake, this cake is not made with coffee, it is meant to be served with coffee. I gladly grab a piece of this cake along with the first morning coffee, but you will love this cake, whatever you drink with it. Raspberry cheese coffee cake is the best way to start the new workday: happy and smiling.
When you try this homemade cake once, I’m sure you will skip the local bakery in the future. Even though it has four layers, you don’t have to be an expert to make it. Soft cake, creamy filling and crunchy topping are made in the blink of an eye. You add some fresh, juicy raspberries and in 45 minutes you have a fantastic summer treat in your oven.
The best thing is that you don’t even have to wait for it to cool completely before you serve it. Even the very popular peanut butter cheesecake and the magic cake are ignored, in our house it turns into a real fight. As soon as my gorgeous Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is out of the oven, my husband immediately jumps to pick off crumb topping and if I don’t succeed in running him out of the kitchen, there is a great probability that my piece of the cake will end up without streusel. He even asked me if the cake can be made only from filling and the crumb topping. As if that wasn’t enough that mostly, I put more crumbs on muffins and cakes than is proposed in the recipe.
Oh, the agony I went through perfecting the making of these sweet crumbs. It happened that the topping melts during the baking and turns into something more like a crust. I tried different recipes, with melted butter, brown sugar, regular white sugar, with cinnamon or without it, but in the end, I figured out that the only important thing is the proportion of flour and sugar, and the butter must be really cold.
But if you ever had a similar problem, you must use the butter directly from the fridge, and then mash it along with sugar and flour. Keep in mind that the crumbs must be pea-sized, and must not be too soft. If it is necessary, pour a little more flour and stir everything again. And do that again again until the crumbs are perfect
And just another thing, since I often get the question if it is possible to use a substitute in place of the sour cream (although the sour cream makes the cakes super moist) if you don’t like it, you can use thick Greek yogurt, it works well instead of sour cream.
If you like this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, try also:
Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake is delicious combo of two mouthwatering desserts: crumb cake and blueberry cheesecake.
Are you ready for fall baking? Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect dessert for crisp weather coming up.
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake is delicious dessert for chocolate lovers. If you love cheesecake, chocolate cake, coffee cakes or crumb cakes, this delicious combo of those three desserts packed in one yummy cake will sweep you of your feet.Print
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – all flavors you love, you’ll get here in every bite.
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup raspberries-washed and well drained
For the cake:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter-chilled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white and mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter: In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Spread the cream cheese filling on top. Place raspberries onto cream cheese filling.
- To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.( Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs)
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.