Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are easy Easter dessert recipe for peanut butter chocolate covered eggs. Simple, quick and easy no bake dessert recipe with peanut butter and chocolate is perfect idea for Easter treat. Homemade Reese’s Eggs are easy, so cute and fun spring treats for kids and adults, too!!! If you love this recipe you’ll most likely also will love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake! And for Christmas i suggest you these Peanut Butter Christmas Trees! But I have Valentine’s Day edition, too- Peanut Butter Valentines Heart!
Homemade Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs Eggs
Spring is in the air and the Easter is just around the corner. In baking world, that means it’s perfect time for easy no bake dessert recipes with few ingredients.
Delicious, quick and simple to make, these Homemade Reese’s Eggs are the best no bake dessert ever. If you are peanut butter and chocolate lovers like I’m, you know what I’m talking about.
Reese’s are my favorite treats. In fact, I couldn’t believe that copycat recipe can taste even better than store bought Reese’s eggs. But when I tried these Homemade Reese’s Eggs, they swept me of my feet!
Besides the fact that these chocolate covered peanut butter eggs taste awesome, you can make them really easy. That’s my favorite thing about this recipe.
This easy recipe uses just few ingredients that you probably have in your house already. You’ll need peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract and chocolate or chocolate chips. I combined semi sweet and milk chocolate.
But I didn’t want to use just dark or semi-sweet chocolate, like most of the recipe for homemade Reese’s egg does. I wanted them to taste exactly like the store bought Reese’s. Therefore I combined milk chocolate and semi-sweet baking chocolate. Actually, I thing I’ll try to cover them with just milk chocolate next time. And it will be really soon, I’m sure.
Chocolate and peanut butter is match made in heaven. So if you want more chocolate and peanut butter desserts, make sure to check these: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake or Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles.
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs – simple, quick and easy no bake dessert recipe with peanut butter and chocolate is perfect idea for Easter treat.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter-melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- about 10-12 oz. chocolate or chocolate chips (I used half semi sweet baking chocolate and half milk chocolate)
- Line 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper, leaving the paper overhang the sides so you can easily lift it later.
- Stir together peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and a dash of salt, just to combine.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Press the mixture into prepared dish. Smooth the top with spatula or simply press it with your palms to flatten into about ½ inch thick layer.
- Place it in the freezer until firm enough for cutting.
- Line a tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Using egg shaped cookie cutter cut out the eggs and place them on the tray. Place them in the freezer for 45-60 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and line another tray with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, dip each egg into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. Place chocolate covered eggs on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
- I made 16-17 eggs, but the number depends on the size of your cookie cutter. I use mu 2 inch circle metal cookie cutter and squeeze it to make egg shaped cutter. Don’t waste any batter, pick up leftovers, kneed, press with your palms and you will be able to cut out at least 2-3 more eggs.