If you are a real chocoholic, love cheesecake and are an Oreo addict, already know about this Reese’s Cheesecake, then there is only one solution for you, the decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust.
For the last two weeks, I was so busy that I couldn’t even think of my blog, let alone write a post.
My husband organised a big badminton tournament with over 70 participants and asked me to help him with the organisation. We couldn’t even imagine how much time and energy all that would take. And as soon as that came to an end, it was time for Halloween. But not in the way you think!
You probably were not aware of this fact, but Halloween is also my birthday. Yes and that means: besides thinking of this beautiful holiday, every year I have to prepare a birthday cake and a pile of cakes for my friends who come to my birthday with their sweet little kids .
Maybe you would think that it is the right time to take a picture of all those treats, but this year, I just spent so much time preparing the food that I had almost no time to take pictures and write a post. It’s a real pity that I didn’t do it because that evening, I had two beautiful cakes and a pile of beautiful Snickers Cupcakes on my table.
And so after this holiday-birthday madness, it was time to go back to my blog. Believe it or not, as much cakes as I made, I ate very little. Because of that, for this post, I decided to make something really great. You already know that I’m a big chocoholic, my husband loves cheesecake and my son Marco likes nothing more than to munch Oreo cookies. And so, the solution came by itself – Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust. Delicious and something else as the Reese’s Cheesecake we ate the days before.
Maybe you will think that the triple layer of Chocolate is too much for one dessert. Trust me, it’s not. This is one of the most decadent desserts I have ever made.
Anyway, just listen to this. The crust is very simple from crushed Oreos and butter baked for 10 minutes. Over it is a thick layer of smeared chocolate cheesecake made of a combination of cream cheese, melted chocolate and cocao and over all that, you pour the unavoidable chocolate ganache. And to make the texture of my cheesecake more interesting, I put a lot of chocolate curls over the top!
Yummy, really phenomenal! If it looks great, well, believe me, the taste is even better. The beautiful soft taste of the cheesecake just melts into it the taste of cocao and chocolate. And all that combined with Oreo, get ready for real sweet heaven!
And in the end, only one more thing! Cut one peace and put the rest of the cake back in the fridge, because if this cheesecake stays on your table, there is a strong possibility that there will soon be nothing left. Well, at least, that’s what happened to us 🙂
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe
Triple chocolate delight- chocolate cookie crust, chocolate cheesecake filling and chocolate topping garnished with chocolate curls.
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter-melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).