Bursting with chocolate flavor and smooth as silk, this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust is reach and decadent, triple chocolate treat. It’s chocolate loves dream: chocolate cookie crust, smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, silky chocolate ganache topping, plus extra chocolate curls on top!!!
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This chocolate cheesecake recipe uses only few ingredients: cream cheese, chocolate, cocoa powder, Oreo cookies, butter, heavy cream and eggs, but it’s packed with chocolate flavors. It’s triple chocolate treat!
As I said, there’s chocolate cookie crust at the bottom. It’s made with your favorite chocolate cookies- Oreo!
Then, there’s rich chocolate cheesecake filling. Chocolate cheesecake filling is made with melted semi-sweet chocolate, cocoa powder, cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
Finally, this delicious cake has thick layer of smooth and silky chocolate ganache on top.
Since there’s no such thing as to much chocolate, I added forth layer of chocolate-chocolate curls on top for garnish.
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake from Scratch?
First you should made Oreo Cookie Crust. Crus 24 whole Oreo cookies with the filling. Then add melted butter and stir with the fork until all the crumbs are evenly moistened.
Next make chocolate cheesecake filling. Melt chopped chocolate and set aside. Beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then mix in cocoa powder. Add eggs one by one and lightly beat after each edition. Do not beat too much or you will incorporate too much air and the cake will crack on top. Finally mix in melted chocolate, spread over the crust and bake.
When the cake is cool completely you can make the topping. I you want to spread the ganache easier, then you should do it before remove the ring from springform pan. But if you want to create the dripping effect, then first remove the ring and then spread the ganache.
What Chocolate to Use for Chocolate Cheesecake recipe?
For the best result use high quality chocolate. You can use bitter-sweet also labeled as dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate. This cheesecake recipe uses only 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, and unsweetened cocoa powder, so the most flavor and sweetness come from the chocolate. If you are not a fan of dark chocolate flavor, then you should use semi-sweet chocolate.
You are real chocoholic!? Then check this chocolate cake recipes too:
Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake, so decadent chocolate cake recipe. Oreo cheesecake sandwiched between two layers of soft, rich and fudgy chocolate cake.
If there’s nothing you love more in the world than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter you must try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe!
If your chocolate cake has three chocolate layers instead of one? Then, we are talking about one of the most decadent chocolate cakes – Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust is reach and decadent, triple chocolate treat.
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter-melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).