Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups are quick and easy no bake dessert or snack with only 5 healthy ingredients. These yummy bites are made with Cheerios cereals, dark chocolate, organic coconut oil, peanut butter and organic brown rice syrup. For more delicious and healthy snack, check my No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups or Gluten Free Protein Bars.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups
Need a quick and healthy dessert or snack? Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups are easy and healthy snack for kids and adults and perfect breakfast to grab and go on busy mornings.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups are completely no bake and could be made in 15 minutes or less. Actually, you don’t even have to wait for a few hours until they firm in the fridge. You can simply place them in the freezer for 15 minutes and in 30 minutes of total time your dessert or snack is ready to be served.
For these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups you’ll need only 5 ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, coconut oil, cereals and organic brown rice syrup or honey.
However, you can use ingredients you have on hands. You can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate. Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease. It’s one of the best sources of antioxidants and can positively affect your health.
Coconut oil compared to many other fats could be good for heart health, too. But, if you don’t have it on hand, you can substitute it with butter.
Organic brown rice syrup or honey are the best sweeteners that can replaced high fructose corn syrup. You can use your favorite sticky sweetener in this recipe.
And the last, but not the least ingredient are cereals. I used Cheerios made from whole grain oats, and without artificial flavors or colors. Cheerios adds perfect crunch without getting soggy. If you have another cereal that can do that, go ahead and use it for this recipe.
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups?
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups is super simple and easy and can be completely done in half and hour with chilling time included!
Melt dark chocolate with coconut oil and stir in Cheerios.
In another bowl melt peanut butter, brown rice syrup and coconut oil, then stir in cereals. Drop a spoonful of chocolate and peanut butte mixture in silicone mold and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until firm. Pop them out from the mold and enjoy!
Check for more similar recipes:
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups are easy and healthy snack for kids and adults and perfect breakfast to grab and go on busy mornings.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups are quick and easy no bake dessert or snack with only 5 healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 6.5 oz. dark chocolate-finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup Cheerios
Peanut Butter Cheerios:
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons organic brown rice syrup
- 3 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup Cheerios
- Spray 12 cup silicon muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water combine dark chocolate and 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil. Stir until it’s completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in Cheerios. (optionally you can melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or in a sauce pan over low heat)
- In another heath proof bowl over a pan of simmering water combine peanut butter, dark corn syrup and coconut oil. Stir until it’s completely melted and smooth. (optionally you can melt peanut butter, rice syrup and coconut oil in the microwave or in a sauce pan over low heat) Remove from heat and stir in Cheerios.
- Cool both mixture to a room temperature stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the cups, alternately drop spoonful of chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios in prepared pan. Tap the pan onto working surface to help the mixture to set.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm. Remove from the mold and store in and air-tight container in the fridge.