Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is fun and delicious combo of classic caramel apple pie and yummy cinnamon rolls. This awesome fall treat (just like this amazing Apple Crumb Cake) is delicious dessert, but it is great idea for easy breakfast casserole, too.
Surely you all know very well that I like to call my layered dessert creations- LASAGNA. I had so far No Bake Strawberry Jello Lasagna, White Chocolate Blueberry Lasagna, Caramel Pecan Lasagna, No Bake Summer Berry Lasagna, Chocolate Lasagna, Christmas Lasagna, Key Lime Pie Lasagna and Pumpkin Lasagna. But these were all creamy dessert with cookie or shortbread crusts, pudding and cheesecake layer and whipped topping.
For this Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna I had slightly different concept, but called it lasagna, again. This one is a twist on classic apple pie. Actually it’s like layered apple pie.
Instead of a classic pie crust I used cinnamon rolls. I cut each roll in a thin layer, than flatten it a bit more and arrange at the bottom of a baking dish. I topped it with mixture of diced fresh apples, sugar, corn starch and cinnamon. Than I drizzled caramel sauce on top of apple pie filling and then cover with another layer of flattened cinnamon rolls. However, considering that this is a layered dessert, I repeat all these layers once more.
At the end I got delicious Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna with three layers of cinnamon rolls, two layers of apple pie filling and caramel sauce, and as a bonus, there is sweet sugar icing on top.
It’s just the middle of summer, but I’m looking forward to fall baking season. I simply can’t resist wonderful apple creations with cinnamon and caramel. I had so many great ideas about new apple recipes, so I had to try at least one, although it’s just the July.
Also, this yummy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna was perfect excuse to eat dessert for breakfast. Since it’s made with cinnamon rolls, this lasagna is perfectly acceptable breakfast casserole, right?!
Craving for delicious apple recipes!? You must check these :
Are you ready for fall baking? Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect dessert for crisp weather coming up.
Apple Pie Cookies – sticky and chewy, bite sized caramel apple pies.
These warm and comforting Apple Dumplings are incredible by themselves or served with ice cream.
Pin Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna image for later:Print
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is fun and delicious combo of classic caramel apple pie and yummy cinnamon rolls.
- 2 cans cinnamon rolls
- 4 large apples- peeled and diced (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ –1/3 cup caramel sauce (or salted caramel sauce if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and spray glass or ceramic 8 x 8 x 2 inch dish with nonstick spray( I used 7 x 9 x 2 inch ceramic dish).
- In a bowl stir together diced apples, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg to coat evenly.
- Cut cinnamon rolls in ¼ inch slices and then roll it out on floured work surface until thin. Dust it with flour because they are too sticky and they will fall apart when rolling out. You can dust your hands with flour and press it to thin it out if you find that easier.
- Arrange first layer of flattened cinnamon rolls at the bottom and sides of a dish. Press them with your hands to seal them well.
- Spread half of apples from the filling and drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of caramel sauce on top. Cover with another layer of flattened cinnamon rolls.
- Spread remaining apples and drizzle again with caramel sauce. Cover with remaining flattened cinnamon rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until the top are golden brown.
- Cool at least 30 minutes, drizzle with icing(that came with cinnamon rolls) slice and serve.
[pinterest-image message=”What’s better than cinnamon rolls? Cinnamon rolls with apples and caramel sauce, of course. #apple #cinnamonrolls” image=”https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Caramel-Apple-Cinnamon-Roll-Lasagna-collage-3.jpg”]