Caramel Pecan Lasagna is melt-in-your-mouth layered dessert with buttery, pecan shortbread cookie crust, cheesecake layer, caramel pudding, whipped cream and (my favorite) sugared pecans on top, drizzled with caramel.
Only a month ago when I shared my Christmas Lasagna Recipe I said that I became a little obsessed with Lasagna desserts. I also warned you if you thought that I’m done with lasagna desserts, you’re wrong. Since I have so many interesting flavors on my mind I had to try new Lasagna Dessert version.
After two lasagna recipe in such short time I could say that I am much more than ‘a little obsessed’. I almost became addicted.
One of idea I had on my mind then, today is realized, and here it is! It’s delicious Caramel Pecan Lasagna I’m sharing with you just now.
If you tried any of these layered dessert, whether it’s Lasagna, Delight or Lush you understand what’s so great about them. They are super simple to make. You can take them anywhere, to a party or potluck, you can serve it for any family gathering or you could have tasty holiday dessert. With Christmas just around the corner, Caramel Pecan Lasagna is a real hit.
My Christmas Lasagna in vibrant red and green colors sure looks like perfect Christmas dessert. But this Caramel Pecan Lasagna is all about wonderful Christmas flavors.
Crunchy sugared pecans spiced with cinnamon smells like Christmas, right?!
I had to make this yummy pecan topping for my Lasagna Dessert twice. First batch of toasted pecans coated with brown sugar and cinnamon didn’t manage to cool completely. Picking one by one, we ate them all. Therefore I suggest you to make more for pecan topping than recipe said. I’m sure that you won’t be able to keep your hands away from this crunchy goodness. It’s totally addictive!
I stick to sugared pecan topping, but the other layers are delicious as well. Creamy caramel pudding and cheesecake layers pair perfectly with crumbly shortbread crust and crunchy topping. Brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans give wonderful aroma to buttery cookie crust. And don’t forget caramel drizzled on top of this Lasagna.
All these flavors make perfect blend so you could enjoy in every single bite of this Caramel Pecan Lasagna.
Caramel Pecan Lasagna recipe instruction
Caramel Pecan Lasagna is melt-in-your-mouth layered dessert with perfect blend of caramel and pecan flavor.
For Pecan Shortbread Cookie Layer:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter-softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon-optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecan
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cup Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Caramel Pudding Layer:
- 2 x 3.9 oz. box caramel instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
For Top Layer:
- 1 ½ cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon -optional
- ¼- 1/3 cup caramel topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour, mix until combine. Stir in ½ cup chopped toasted pecans.
- Spread the mixture into bottom of baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To make cream cheese layer beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add 1 ½ cups Cool Whip and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Spread over cooled shortbread layer. Place in the freezer to firm while preparing pudding.
- To make the caramel pudding layer whisk together 2 x 3.9 oz. boxes caramel instant pudding mix with 3 cups milk until smooth. Spread over cream cheese layer. Set in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Spread 1 ½ cup Cool whip over pudding layer. Place in the fridge to firm.
- To make pecan topping in a skillet combine 1 cup chopped pecans, ½ cup brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly about 5 minutes or until sugar is melted. Pour the mixture onto parchment paper to cool completely. Sprinkle cooled pecans over the lasagna and drizzle with caramel topping. Place back in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set.
If you don’t want to use Cool Whip you can substitute with 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream sweetened to your taste. Beat heavy whipping cream until really stiff peaks form. You will get more than 3 cup whipped cream.