Lemon Blueberry Muffins with streusel crumb topping is the best BREAKFAST IDEA to MAKE AHEAD and grab ON THE GO on a busy morning. This EASY RECIPE with Greek yogurt makes the best, moist, homemade, bakery style muffins.
I’m sure your toddlers and even picky eaters will love these Lemon Blueberry Muffins, too. Whether you make a breakfast for your family to eat at home or pack a lunch box for school, your kids will be happy to have a few of these yummies.
Actually a mug of freshly brewed coffee and a blueberry muffin are my favorite way to start a work day.
As a matter of fact I’ve already shared blueberry muffins recipe a few years ago. That was my Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Crumbs. I’ve got so many good reviews from my readers then.They said it was the best homemade blueberry muffins recipe they have ever tried.
However, that recipe was very quick and easy. It became my go-to muffin recipe. You don’t even need a mixer for those muffins. All you have to do is to simply whisk all ingredients by hand and you’re done. The secret ingredient for perfectly moist blueberry muffins is Greek yogurt. So I used it again in this Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe.
Although the original recipe was great I became a bit boring with it. I decided to make a little twist on my old Blueberry Muffins. I’m not a huge fan of a lemon flavor. However I added some freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon zest in the batter. I was very satisfied with the result, so I’m sharing it today with you.
If you love blueberry lemon muffins I suggest you to try this quick and easy recipe with Greek yogurt. Don’t worry, if you doesn’t like Greek yogurt, you won’t taste it in the muffins. But it will keep your muffins very moist.
Delicious, Quick and Easy Muffins Recipes:
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with streusel crumb topping is the best BREAKFAST IDEA to MAKE AHEAD and grab ON THE GO on a busy morning.
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 6.5 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
For Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups blueberries-fresh or frozen (reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line standard muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the muffins in large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl place 2/3 cup granulated sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk together eggs and lemon-sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping. Place remaining blueberries in a small bowl. Dust blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling maximum 2/3 of each cup and gently tap the pan on the work surface to set. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 375 F and bake 13-15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.