A few days ago while I was rummaging through my kitchen utensils, I found gorgeous mini donut mold I’d bought God knows when! To my utter surprise, I realized that the mold were brand-new. “That’s not how we are gonna play! It’s high time you showed me what you got! “— I was literally threatening to those poor little tins. And Viola, the first thing that came to my mind was— cute mini chocolate donuts!
A few seconds later the initial excitement subdued and a great panic ensued! On the second thought, when was the last time I even tried to make donuts? My roomies replaced this tasty delicacy with such modern chocolate desserts as chocolate cheesecake, brownies and stuff like that a long time ago. But, who gives a damn about all that! Mini chocolate donuts are Today’s absolute winners. I recalled that a while ago I saved some fabulous recipes for chocolate donuts on my Pinterest Board. No more than a few minutes later I found the very recipe I had in mind – Glazed Chocolate Donuts from Buns in My Oven! Absolutely perfect!
Thus the mixture was ready in a no time, so I decided to experiment a bit with the glaze! Instead of going with the original one from the recipe I decided on a simple lemon glaze. I decided to let them be and see what happens! And here they were! The juicy lemon gave my sweet, little chocolate donuts that shiny glaze. Really yummy!
If you are wondering now how they tasted, the comment of one of my chocoholics will help you get a better picture: “I wonder why on Earth we haven’t made donuts sooner!”
Mini chocolate donuts dipped into lemon-sugar glaze.
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
Ingredients for the lemon glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more)
- Preheat the oven at 325 F and grease donut pan
- Mix dry ingredients for the donuts in a bowl.
- Add beaten egg and yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Fill each donut cup 3/4 full
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes ( until the toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean)
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, remove from the pan.
- To make the glaze in a small bowl whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice. (Lemon juice add a little at a time to reach desired consistency)
- Dip cooled donuts in the glaze and place back on the cooling rack or on the wax paper until the glaze is dry