Vanilla Magic Custard Cake is melt-in-your-mouth soft and creamy dessert. It’s like hocus pocus!!! when you put one simple and easy cake batter to bake, then the magic happens!!! You will take from the oven delicious, triple layered cake. Creamy, custard like, vanilla layer is separated between light and fluffy layer on top and dense cake layer on the bottom. But if you love banana flavor you should check this delicious Easy Banana Magic Cake too!
You’ve probably already seen and heard a lot about those magic cakes, but believe it or not I’ve never tried them until now. Although, photos of this cake always look really fantastic, but I ‘ve always had some other ideas to try and put this recipe on hold.
Since I had a stomach flu last couple of days and my blog was waiting a new post, it was perfect timing to take out my emergency list. That’s how I call my collection of simple and easy 15 minutes dessert recipes which I use when I’m really not able to make some complicated treats.
Do you know who was the most pleased with this decision? My dear husband ! And he really helps me a lot about my blog and seeing gorgeous pictures of the most decadent desserts all over the web but he keeps drooling over those magic cakes.
To be honest, during my flu he took upon himself all responsibilities about our son and home and really deserved to finally make him this Magic Custard Cake. The only thing I had to decide is whether it will be vanilla or chocolate. Well, for the first time I want to make it clean and simple. It will be Vanilla Magic Custard Cake, and if he does like the taste as he likes all those pictures, next time I might go with chocolate.
When I started it I almost gave up. I strictly followed the recipe but when I added egg whites in the rest of the batter the mixture looked so oddly. I had no confidence at all that it would actually work out. But I thought, when I’d come this far already (my oven was hot, the mixture was done) the, I will pour it in the pan and pop in to bake. And I had to see what would happen out of this this disaster. Since this cake is called ‘magic’ it may just work.
If the chocolate version sounds better than a vanilla for you, than you should check the Chocolate Magic Cake.
After 40 minutes I could not believe my eyes . The miracle really happened in the oven. That strange mixture was baked into delicious three layered cake- pretty golden crust on top, custard-like vanilla center and dense and a little gooey layer at the bottom-perfect!!!
There’s no need to tell you how happy my husband was. He wasn’t disappointed at all. Actually he commented that the chocolate version may have been even more perfect than vanilla. But that’s just his excuse to get another magic custard cake and to eat more chocolate.
Find Out More Similar Vanilla Magic Custard Cake Recipes:
If you are looking for a QUICK and EASY CAKE RECIPE with just few simple ingredients, this Easy Banana Magic Cake is perfect sweet treat.
Chocolate Magic Custard Cake is the perfect dessert for a true chocoholic!
Have you ever tried Cherry Clafoutis before?! It’s rustic French dessert dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm.
Pin Vanilla Magic Custard Cake for later:Print
Vanilla Magic Custard Cake is melt-in-your-mouth soft and creamy dessert. It’s like hocus pocus!!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups milk-lukewarm
- 1 and 1/4 cups (150 g) powdered sugar
- 4 eggs-separated
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup (115g) flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Lightly grease 8×8 inch baking dish, set aside
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and powdered sugar until pale yellow.
- Mix in melted butter and the tablespoon of water (for about 2 minutes) until evenly combined.
- Mix in the flour until evenly incorporated.
- Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Fold in the egg whites (1/3 at a time, then repeat until all of the egg whites are folded in).
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-60 minutes (until the cake is barely jiggly in the center). Baking time might vary depending on your oven or pan you use, but start checking after 40 minutes. If the top browns too quick before the minimum of 40 minutes, you can cover the cake with aluminum foil.
- Cool the cake completely before dusting with powdered sugar. Even cooled, it will be slightly jiggly because it has custard layer in the center.