BBQ Chicken Roll Ups is quick and easy, make ahead appetizer for a crowd! It’s delicious Football snack! It’s great Super bowl food idea, but, these cheesy chicken, BBQ sauce and tortilla pinwheels are great for lunch box or delicious appetizers for a party, too.
However, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients: shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, tortillas and green and red onion. And you can easily adapt recipe to your own taste, or to ingredients you have on hand.
If you have some leftovers of cooked chicken, you can finish this recipe in less than 10 minutes. Also, these BBQ Chicken Roll Ups could be great snack for unexpected guests. And I don’t know about you, but I always end up with an excess of cooked or grilled chicken with whom I do not know what to do. That’s why I love this kind of recipes. It turns out food leftovers in another delicious meal.
And if you have the same problem, this BBQ Chicken Roll Ups recipe is great idea how to use up leftovers chicken. It tastes equally good with rotisserie chicken leftovers, as with freshly grilled or cooked chicken.
And I could now mention indefinitely all of my recipes that use the leftovers of cooked chicken, but I stick just to the appetizers. Since Super bowl is coming, all football fans are looking for quick and easy, but delicious snack for that occasion.
However, if you need more Super bowl food ideas take a peek at my APPETIZERS category. Maybe you’ll be inspired to try something of my older recipes. But all of them are quick and easy, crowd pleaser food, I promise!
BBQ Chicken Roll Ups Recipe:Print
BBQ Chicken Roll Ups is quick and easy, make ahead appetizer for a crowd!
- 2- 2 ½ cups (12 oz.) shredded cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Classic BBQ sauce (or more if needed)
- 1 small green onion-sliced
- 1 small red onion-diced
- 1 ½-2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ – ½ tsp. garlic powder (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas (10 inches diameter)
- Place all ingredients together (except tortillas) in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly combined. If the mixture is too dry add more BBQ sauce. It should be thick and sticky, but spreadable.
- Spread the mixture over tortillas, roll up tightly, slice in ½ – ¾ inch thick slices, arrange on a plate and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.