Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are great appetizers for a party, healthy lunch for kids or light and easy dinner for whole family just like my previous chicken avocado hit Chicken Avocado Burritos. It’s easy, make ahead recipe and freeze well.
This recipe is good idea how to use leftovers of cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken. In less than 10 minutes you can make a whole bunch of these yummy Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups.
As I said, these roll ups could be great make ahead appetizers for any party. But you can roll these in no time for unexpected visit, too.
A few days ago I had the pleasure to host some of my old friends. They were back in town after a really long time and stop by to see us suddenly. That turned out into a kind of last minute party. I didn’t have much time for planning like I usually do. So I opened my fridge and had to think of something quickly. I had a stock of tortillas and avocado from my last recipe for Easy Chicken Taquitos and plenty chicken leftovers from lunch. And after a short brainstorming, these easy appetizers were born.
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are very easy to make, even easier to serve, and taste great. All in all, these yummy bites have all that is needed to be crowd pleasers.
These are so delicious! You would never guess they are actually healthy!
In place of mayonnaise, I used mashed avocado and plain Greek yogurt as a binder. The concept is easy. Combine cooked shredded chicken, avocado and Greek yogurt. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and garlic powder. And don’t forget cilantro and lime! But you can use fresh chopped parsley instead of cilantro and lemon instead of lime juice.
Actually you don’t have to stick to the recipe at all. Adjust this salad to your taste. I was playing around with the flavors so I added chopped red onion, sliced green onion and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Chicken, avocado, yogurt and seasonings are basic ingredients that you can easily add whatever you want.
When the mixture is done, the rest is piece of cake. Spread the salad on a tortilla and roll it up tight. You can slice it immediately and serve, chill and slice it later, or you can just cut the tortilla in half, wrap and freeze. That way you can take them to work or pack for lunch to your kids.
Whatever you may choose, these Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are easy, healthy and (if you omit Cheddar cheese) skinny recipe for appetizers, lunch or dinner. It’s totally up to you!
Searching for more Chicken Avocado healthy recipes?! Then you’ll like these recipes:
Looking for quick and easy dinner recipes? This Chicken Avocado Burritos come together with just 15 min prep!
Healthy Chicken, Cucumber, Tomato and Avocado Salad is QUICK and EASY RECIPE for lunch, family dinner or party food for a crowd.Print
Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups are great appetizers for a party, healthy lunch for kids or light and easy dinner for whole family.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- 2–4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (start with 2 and add more if the salad seems to dry)
- 1 ½–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 green onion-sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley- chopped
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5–6 Tortillas (8 or 10 inch diameter)
- NOTES: I had enough filling for 5 tortillas (10 inch diameter). You can use 6 (8 inch) tortillas.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for Chicken Avocado salad. Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread the mixture over tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining salad.
- Slice with serrated knife into ½ inch slices. You can slice them immediately or refrigerate until firm (about 30 mins). It’s easier to slice when chilled.