Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping are moist and flavorful breakfast muffins, and they burst with strawberries in every single bite. Juicy strawberries and cream cheese make an irresistible flavors combo. These muffins are so simple to bake. With just a few basic ingredients and fresh strawberries, in only half an hour you will have an outrageous breakfast to start your day.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping
These strawberry muffins with smooth cream cheese filling and crunchy streusel are an easy recipe for a delicious breakfast. Soft and crunchy at the same time, these muffins are a win-win combo.
If you like strawberry and cream cheese combo, try this Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake, Strawberry French Toast Muffins, or Homemade Strawberry Coffee Cake.
Baking with strawberries is a great way to welcome spring. These homemade strawberry cream cheese muffins would be an equally delicious dessert, snack, or breakfast treat. Make a batch of these yummy muffins, loaded with strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling and irresistibly, crumbly streusel topping, and you’ll have an easy grab-and-go breakfast, pack a few in a lunchbox and you’ll have a delicious snack later.
Packed with fresh, juicy strawberries, they are so tasty. But the best part? There’s a cheesecake surprise inside.
How To Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Strawberry Muffins with cheesecake filling is simple and easy to make. This muffin recipe uses just a few basic ingredients: flour, sugar, oil, butter, egg, vanilla extract, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt for a moist and soft texture. It makes awesome, homemade muffins, better than the one from the bakery, and can be made in minutes by hand or with a mixer.
First make the streusel topping, by whisking with a fork flour, salt, sugar, and melted butter. You can use light brown sugar or regular, granulated sugar.
Next stir together dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl whisk by hand egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and Greek yogurt. Add wet ingredients in dry and whisk everything together. Finally, fold in diced strawberries.
To make the cream cheese filling mix softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and corn starch.
And to assemble the muffins, first layer muffin batter, then a spoonful of cream cheese mixture, cover with muffin batter, and finally top generously with streusel topping. You can add more strawberries on top. Bake them for 22-25 minutes. Drizzle baked and cooled muffins with powdered sugar glaze if desired.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 9-10 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Topping are moist and flavorful breakfast muffins, and they burst with strawberries in every single bite.
Streusel Crumb Topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese-room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ –2 ½ teaspoons milk or creme
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, line cupcake pan with paper liners ad set aside. This recipe makes 9-10 muffins.
- To make the crumb topping, stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and whisk with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To make the muffins in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand.
- Finally, using a rubber spatula, fold in diced strawberries. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of diced strawberries to top the muffins.
- To make the cream cheese filling, mix softened cream cheese, sugar, corn starch and vanilla just to combine.
- To assemble the muffins, add 1 Tablespoon of muffin mixture in each cup. Drop 1 not quite full Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each muffin. Cover cream cheese filling with muffin batter, filling each cup about 2/3 to ¾ full.
- Generously top each muffin with streusel crumbs. Add a few strawberry pieces on top and gently press the crumbs to stick to the muffin batter.
- Place in preheated oven and reduce the temperature to 350 F. Bake 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the center has set.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the pan, then transfer the muffins on a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Stir powdered sugar with milk or cream. Start with 1 teaspoon of the liquid and gradually add more until desired consistency has reached. Drizzle over muffins and serve.
Can this be made gluten free
How do you.think these would turn out if i used pineapple?
Mine did nit work out. Once we mixed in the dry ingredients it turned into a hard paste. What do u. Think I did wrong?
Add too much flour, maybe…
How do you recommend storing these? Counter for up to 5 days? Fridge? Do they freeze well?
How do you recommend storage for these?
Your recipe calls for 1 egg, but instructions reference “whisk together EGGS and granulated sugar . . . . “. So do I use 1 or 2 eggs?
I actually added an extra egg and they turned out amazing. Everyone that tried these muffins fell in love!
How is the prep time 10 minutes? It takes that long just to assemble the ingredients to start. It took me closer to 40 minutes. They were however worth it, delicious!
I tried this recipe 3 times and the cream cheese filling explodes out every time. Is there a trick we’re missing?
I made these for fathers day breakfast this morning and they are so much fun to make . They look delicious and the cream cheese just makes them amazing . Thank you for sharing
I discovered I didn’t have cupcake liners and decided to layer it in an 8×8 baking dish. It is wonderful. I hope I don’t eat the whole thing myself. Thank you.
These were absolutely delicious. I will definitely be making them again. I didn’t have to change a thing…
I made the muffins, they were too .
moist inside because of the strawberries. Do you have an idea how to improve that?
Mine came out doughy. I put them back in the oven for a total of 30 minutes but the damage was done. Maybe bake at a higher temperature.
How many carbs? How many fat grams?
Can frozen strawberries be used for the muffins in place of fresh?
I used frozen strawberries because that’s all I had. I let them thaw out and chopped them up, they turned out amazing.
These were awesome grandchildren “fought: over the extras!
In the strawberry 🍓 cream cheese muffins it says something about chocolate but it never says how much chocolate to add?
what size pan did you use
Regular cupcake pan.
What kind of Greek Yogurt do you use? Nonfat? Plain?
Plain Greek yogurt.
Can you use sour cream in place of yogurt?
You can use it.
These turned out amazing. Loved this recipe. My kids are already asking me to make them again.
They came out great and oh so delicious!
These were so darn good , I don’t know why some people had issues mine were perfect. Will make again. Thanks
Do you think they will turn out okay with blueberries instead of strawberries? My husband asked me to make them for Fathers Day with blueberries.
It will be OK. I have the recipe with blueberries, too.
Just checking oven temperature correct, temp 425 then turn down to 350 degrees?
Can freeze dried strawberries be used for this recipe?
I used half and half and kept them in the freezer until right before using them . It worked great!
How would you turn this to a KETO dessert?
I can’t print the recipe because every time I tried, the AD for print the recipe covered up ingredients~ such a shame…can you fix this somehow?
Hi, do you know the calories for this recipe?
I wish you could print it without the ads. They make the recipe 3 pages long.
I’m giving it 2 stars because of the ads. Even now I’m battling them to write this comment. I finally just took screenshots. However, the recipe is great besides the streusel instructions. I’ve never dealt with streusel before so “setting it aside” made it room temp. and melty in my fingers. The streusel also called for “melted” butter so I had to make a second batch with softened butter and place it in the freezer. I do wish I had a little more muffin batter too. Overall it’s a tasty recipe, but it took me about 2.5 hours to make after troubleshooting all the things!
Just finished baking these and they turned out amazing! I did use gluten free flour and in the cream cheese mixture i used crushed up freeze dried strawberries and a squeeze of lemon juice