Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls stuffed with shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella and cheddar, and topped with Parmesan, are a simple chicken roll recipe! They’re the best meal for a weeknight dinner, lunch or snack, and a great appetizer for a party. Your kids will LOVE these buttery rolls!
Easy Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls
This simple recipe is great idea how to use up leftovers chicken and make delicious meal for whole family in just 20 minutes.
In the first place, I simply love this kind of recipes. Mix up a few simple ingredients, pop in the oven and yummy dinner is ready. These Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls are even better and easier than any casserole dish that I love to make for dinner on a weeknight.
If you have a tube of crescent rolls and chicken leftovers in your fridge, you can make complete meal in less than half an hour.
To make the filling for these Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls I mixed shredded chicken breasts, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I used softened cream cheese to bond all ingredients together and make the filling creamy and super cheesy.
In order to make the filling really flavorful I added some garlic powder because garlic paired perfectly with Parmesan chicken. Speaking about Parmesan, there is a lot of Parmesan sprinkled all over each roll. First I brushed each roll with melted butter and then top it with grated Parmesan cheese and dry Italian seasoning. As a result I got these delicious Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls.
Homemade Leftover Chicken Dinner Roll Recipe
Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls are great start for so many delicious recipes. I always have a few tubes in my fridge. They are perfect if you want to whip up some snack for your family or guests at the very last minute.
But you can make complete meal for dinner or lunch if you add a rich filling. You can easily adapt the filling to your taste and use anything you have on hand.
This time I had some leftovers of cooked chicken breast from my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe and use it for this Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls recipe. Also I used four kind of cheese: cream cheese, shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan for topping. But you can use your favorite.
15 Minute Chicken Recipes:
If you need more ideas for quick and easy weeknight dinner or quick lunch, than you should check these Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups, Avocado Chicken Crescent Ring, Chicken Avocado Burritos and Chicken Avocado Stuffed Garlic Bread!
Cheesy Chicken Crescent Rolls Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Crescent Dinner Rolls stuffed with shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella and cheddar, and topped with Parmesan, are a simple chicken roll recipe! They’re the best meal for a weeknight dinner, lunch, snack or an appetizer for a party. Your kids will LOVE these buttery rolls!
- 8 Big & Flaky Crescent Dinner Rolls (one 12 oz. tube)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- salt -to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder(or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl stir together softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar and mozzarella, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir well to combine. Add shredded chicken and stir again to combine everything evenly.
- Unroll crescent rolls, separate them and divide the filling between 8 big crescent rolls. Roll them up tightly, seal well and arrange them onto baking sheet leaving 2 inches apart.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Sprinkle a hint of dry Italian seasoning on top and bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.