White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are melt-in- your-mouth, soft and chewy buttery cookies overloaded with white chocolate and cranberries.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
White chocolate and cranberries are one of the best flavor combinations ever! Now, imagine a bunch of sweet and tangy dried red cranberries and white chocolate chunks held together with rich and buttery cookie dough. WOW!
And I bet you won’t be able to wait holiday baking season to try this White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies recipe! But, why should you?! You could bake these yummy cookies right now!
Finally, they are dressed up for holidays. Cranberry cookies will look great at your Thanksgiving dinner, they are perfect for holiday cookie exchange or as a homemade gift. Even Santa loves these. If you leave White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies for him on Christmas Eve, don’t forget a tall glass of milk, because these cookies are very, very rich!!!
Best thing about food blogging is that you have the perfect excuse to eat delicious desserts any time of year, claiming that you simply have to present to your readers the variety of recipes for the holidays that are perhaps weeks or months away.
Also I have a very, very long wish list for Santa this year, so I’ll have to leave him a tray overloaded with awesome cookies and a gallon of milk. He will be very exhausted while fulfill all my wishes, and who knows maybe he remain stuck in the chimney with all that gifts for me. I’ll have to show him my goodwill so I set myself a challenge to find THE BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES FOR SANTA this year!!! I’m sure he will like these cookies as well as my Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I wanted to start the season with these awesome White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Red color of the cranberries makes the cookies look really festive. And not to mention the taste! These yummy cookies simply bursting of cranberries and white chocolate.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I just prefer to bite real white chocolate in cookies more than white chocolate chips so I loaded these cookies with chocolate chunks, as I did it with my Strawberry Cookies or Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies. Although I have to admit, chips looks better than chopped chocolate chunks so I top each cookie with a few white chocolate chips, just for prettier presentation.
Whether you use chips or chunks, white chocolate matches perfectly with dried cranberries and you’ll love these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe:
Soft and chewy buttery cookies overloaded with white chocolate and cranberries.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-softened
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4. oz. white chocolate chopped into small chunks or 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl stir together flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl beat butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add in flour mixture. Dough will be thick.
- Add white chocolate chunks (or white chocolate chips) and cranberries. Mix a few seconds just to combine. Cover the dough and place in the fridge for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and after 5-10 minutes siting on room temperature, scoop out heaping tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball.
- Arrange cookie dough balls onto lined baking sheet leaving 2 inch apart. Bake 8-10 minutes until just light golden around the edges. They will be very soft and let them cool 5-10 minutes onto baking sheet than transfer them to cooling rack to cool completely.( You can press a few white chocolate chips onto baked cookies, they will melt and stick onto warm cookies,or skip this step, it’s just for prettier presentation)