Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch is easy recipe for the best homemade, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Both soft and chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, this cookie recipe with corn starch as a secret ingredient is simply perfect.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
However, chocolate chip cookie is a classic. Actually, I think that no one, whether it’s a child or an adult, can resist a cookie. Especially when it’s a chocolate chip cookie! Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies are everyone’s favorite snack, comfort food and traditional dessert, too.
By the way, this time of the year when the holidays are upon us, I’m sure that everybody needs the best and easy cookie recipe. Maybe you’ve tried so many cookie recipes so far and don’t find the perfect one. Then you should try these soft chocolate chip cookies.
Moreover, making the best soft chocolate chip cookies from scratch is really simple and easy, as well.
And thanks to a corn starch added in the cookie dough, homemade cookies turns out perfectly soft. But chewy, at the same time!!! These are the two most important things about any chocolate chip cookie, if you asked me!
However, adding corn starch into the cookie dough, makes the cookies soft and thick, too. Also, using more brown sugar than white sugar, makes them chewy instead of a crisp.
As a result, homemade cookies can taste great, even better that the one from a bakery shop.
Anyway, if not earlier, then you certainly need to make these cookies for Christmas.
Definitely, they will be everyone’s favorite pick from your Christmas cookie tray.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Also, if need more cookie recipes for Christmas, try Christmas Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies, White Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies with Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:Print
Want to make Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch?! This is easy recipe for the best homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. corn starch
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter- melted and cooled to a room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- First, whisk dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl place melted butter, brown sugar and sugar. Mix until the sugar dissolve. Then add egg and vanilla and mix on low speed just to combine.
- Next, on low speed slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Then add chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds until evenly disturbed. Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough into 1inch balls and arrange onto baking sheet leaving at least 2 inch apart. Press additional chocolate chips on top and sides.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just barely golden on the bottom and edges. They will look unbaked and very soft, too. Let them cool for 10 minutes on the pan, then transfer on a rack to cool completely. While they are cooling the cookies with harden on the outside and slightly deflate, too.
- Store cooled cookies in an air tight container for up to 1 week or you can freeze them for longer storage, too.