Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes are delicious and easy fall dessert recipe with fresh apples, cinnamon sugar, refrigerated crescent roll dough and maple glaze. If you have these few simple ingredients, you can enjoy in these sweet, gooey and sticky apple cinnamon rolls in less than 30 minutes!!!
Fall baking season finally starts!!! That means a lot of baked goods with pumpkin and apples. If you ask me, I always prefer apple over pumpkin desserts although I love me some Custard Cake year round!
Actually I could not wait September and the official start of fall baking season. So I’ve already shared a few fall dessert recipes with apples and pumpkin. You’ve probably noticed that all of these recipes use refrigerated crescent rolls or cinnamon rolls. Notwithstanding that premade dough save time in kitchen, all of this recipes are equally good for dessert but for breakfast, too.
So you can have these delicious Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes as a dessert. But they are totally acceptable as breakfast, too. They have fresh fruit and pastry. Well, OK, I know, they also have a lot of butter and sugar but hey are my favorite fall comfort food.
During rainy days when the weather is crisp, nothing can warm you up and make you feel good like these sweet and gooey Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes!!! Just imagine wonderful warm smell of cinnamon and baked apples …I bet you are drooling right now!
If you like apples and pastries, make sure to check these recipes, too:
Choose your favorite and make a delicious Sunday breakfast to surprise for your family this fall.
Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes Recipe:
Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes are delicious and easy fall dessert recipe with fresh apples, cinnamon sugar and crescent roll dough.
- 1 (8 oz.) tube of refrigerated crescent rolls or crescent dough sheet
- 1 medium apple- small diced
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter-melted (divided)
- 1/3 cup sugar (you can use half light brown sugar and half white granulated sugar)
- cinnamon-to taste ( I added about 3/4 teaspoon)
For the Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. milk-or more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside. You’ll have 8 rolls.
- On a sheet of parchment paper unroll crescent dough sheet. If using crescent rolls, seal the perforation to make large rectangle. Brush the dough with about 2 Tbsp. melted butter (reserve remaining butter for later use).
- Stir together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over melted butter. Scatter diced apples on top.
- Beginning on the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a log.
- Slice the log in 8 (1 ½ inch)pieces. Arrange pieces in paper liners.
- Brush the top with melted butter and bake until golden brown (about 15min). If it starts browning too quickly, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Stir together glaze ingredients and spoon over slightly cooled cupcakes.