Fresh Strawberry Pie is delicious and easy summer dessert. Buttery pie crust, overloaded with fresh, juicy strawberries and gooey strawberry glaze, and not to forget whipped cream on top – it’s like a piece of heaven on a plate.
Yes, I know…after my Strawberry Shortcake Cake, Strawberry Jello Cake and Strawberry Coffee Cake, I’m maybe overdid it with strawberry desserts in last few weeks but, I just love them and I can’t help it. Strawberry dessert is my favorite part of every spring and summer season.
This Fresh Strawberry Pie is so easy to put together and taste awesome. Once you try it, you’ll want it over and over again.
After my Old fashioned Banana Cream Pie and French Silk Pie, making pie crust from scratch is no longer a big problem for me so this time I made a homemade pie crust again, but if you want to save some time feel free to use a store bought pie crust.
The rest of the recipe is really simple. You’ll need a few simple ingredients: water, sugar, strawberry gelatin, corn-starch and fresh strawberries, of course. Just mixed them all together, pour in the baked crust, chill for couple of hours and your summer dessert filled with berries is ready to serve. And don’t forget to top it with whipped cream, or you can even serve it with ice-cream, considering this is real summer time dessert.
Fresh Strawberry Pie is totally delicious and so simple to make, so what’s not to love about this recipe?! You have to try it as soon as possible, because I’m sure you’ll want to make it again, while strawberries are still in season.
Fresh Strawberry Pie is delicious and easy summer dessert. Buttery pie crust, overloaded with fresh, juicy strawberries and gooey strawberry glaze.
- 9 inch pie crust ( you can use refrigerated pie crust and bake as directed on box using 9 inch pie dish or you can use my recipe from here: https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/french-silk-pie/ )
- 2.5 lb. fresh strawberries- washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp corn-starch
- 4.5 oz. Strawberry jell-o
- whipped cream for garnish
- Bake pie crust in 9 inch deep pie dish and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling stir together sugar and corn-starch, add water, stir well . Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and mix in strawberry jell-o.
- Set aside to cool. Fold in strawberries and pour in the cooled pie crust. Set in the fridge for couple of hours to set . Garnish with whipped cream and serve.