This Fresh Strawberry Pie is a delicious and easy summer dessert recipe. Buttery pie crust overloaded with fresh, juicy strawberries and gooey strawberry glaze topped with whipped cream.
- 9 inch pie crust ( you can use refrigerated pie crust and bake as directed on box using 9 inch pie dish or you can use my recipe from here: https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/french-silk-pie/ )
- 2.5 lb. fresh strawberries- washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp corn-starch
- 4.5 oz. Strawberry jell-o
- whipped cream for garnish
- Bake pie crust in 9 inch deep pie dish and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling stir together sugar and corn-starch, add water, stir well . Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and mix in strawberry jell-o.
- Set aside to cool. Fold in strawberries and pour in the cooled pie crust. Set in the fridge for couple of hours to set . Garnish with whipped cream and serve.