Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake-one cake with seven irresistible layers – buttery and moist, vanilla crumb cake, creamy cheesecake filling, juicy strawberries, another cake layer topped with sliced strawberries, crumb topping and sweet vanilla glaze. Mind-blowing texture and flavor combo!!
If you are like me too, you will LOVE this Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake. A lot of cheesecake filling and sliced fresh strawberries put this cake over the top
I really love coffee cakes, not just because they are so easy to make and taste amazing. Coffee cake makes perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast or brunch. To tell the truth, I usually pass over breakfast, but I would never skip yummy breakfast like this.
I finished off my cake with vanilla glaze, but I think it will taste great served warm with an ice cream scoop on top. It will be perfect ending to a spring or summer meal.
Actually, I saved the recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake last year. I intended to try it out, make some changes and share the result on my blog, but small changes have turned into huge and so I ended up with Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. And I do not regret, that cake was really great, too. But I like strawberries more, so this Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake easily became my favorite. Finally, I decided to make it this year and … WOW, have I been missing out!
I increased cheesecake filling for half, and overloaded the cake with fresh, juicy strawberries so this cake turned out incredibly moist and soft in the center. Smooth filling makes perfect balance with my favorite part of every single coffee cake- CRUMB TOPPING! Yum! ! I adore that sweet crumbs, and not to mention my husband. He is so hooked onto these yummy crumbs. I could hardly managed to make a few shoots of my cake before he picked off the crumbs.
If you’re looking for a special cake to make for a spring or summer brunch, Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake is the perfect solution. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake-one cake with seven irresistible layers.
For the filling:
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups fresh strawberries-sliced
For the cake:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- 2/3 cup sugar ( I used 1/3 cup light brown sugar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter-chilled and cubed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cream (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the crumb topping:
- Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly( make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs). Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
To make the filling:
- Mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white end mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
For cake batter:
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter for a minute, then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla, mix to combine. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream.
- Spread almost 2/3 of the batter onto the bottom of prepared pan, smooth with a spatula. Spoon the cream cheese filling on top. Arrange the strawberries onto the cream cheese filling (don’t go all the way to the edges).Save about 10 slices of strawberries for the next layer.
- Using a spoon drizzle the remaining batter over the strawberries and spread as much as you can. You won’t have enough batter to cover the whole layer completely, but it’s OK. Scatered the remaining strawberry slices, then sprinkle with the crumb topping and bake 60-70 minutes, until the cake is no longer jiggly in the center. If the top browns to quickly, you can tent it with aluminum foil after 35-40 minutes of baking time.
- Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring from springform pan.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the cream, sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over the cake and serve.