White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles – simple no bake dessert recipe with only 5 ingredients: white chocolate, butter, heavy cream and dried blueberries, roll into powdered sugar. NO ARTIFICIAL COLOR OR FLAVOR ADDED!
CAUTION!!! White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles can cause addiction!!! When you pop the first sweet little ball into your mouth, you will want more and more!
Delicious combo of melted white chocolate and dried blueberries roll into irresistible, purple bite-sized balls, will simply melts in your mouth.
For a very long time (with the exception of French Silk Pie ) chocolate didn’t appear on my blog. Since the blog is called Chocolate Desserts, it has become imperative to get the chocolate back in my kitchen in a big way. And that’s how I came up with this simple and easy no bake recipe. Basic ingredient for these creamy truffles was white chocolate.
I know, many of you won’t agree that white chocolate is really chocolate, but for me it is. However white chocolate is an excellent base for this tasty treat.
White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles are essentially melted white chocolate combined with mixture of heavy cream and butter to get a smooth, soft texture and became manageable for rolling into balls.
Since the hot weather is coming I wanted to try some of my favorite no bake recipes using new flavors. I’ve already had white chocolate truffle recipes with lemon and orange flavor. I used the extracts for those two, but this time I didn’t want anything artificial, neither color or flavor, so I used pulverized freeze dried blueberries.
Pulverized blueberry powder can be hard to find and expensive but there is an easy way to make it at home. All you need to do is to pulse FREEZE DRIED blueberries in a food processor or coffee grinder. Berries have to be freeze dried!!! Dried fruit is gummy in texture and will not pulverize into powder.
I have to make a few NOTES about the white chocolate :
- Use high quality white chocolate. Do not use almond bark or chocolate chips.
- Chop the chocolate into really small pieces it will help to melt easier.
- White chocolate has to be melted at very low temperature . Lower temperature means more time to melt so you need to be very patience while melting the chocolate. If you overheat it, the chocolate could separate or size and became unusable. You must melt it at 105 F at most and that means you can just about touch it with your fingers and not burn your finger.
- Heavy cream-butter mixture must be same temperature as chocolate when you combine them. Do not place hot cream into melted chocolate or you will burn it.
- You should cool the mixture to room temperature for an hour or so and stir it from time to time if you notice the fat separated on top.
Follow these few advice and you’ll get a smooth truffle mixture manageable by hand.
Once the truffles is set scoop 1 inch balls, rolled between your palms, then roll each ball into powdered sugar and that’s it! Your yummy White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles are ready!!!
If you like creamy truffles serve them at room temperature. I personally like them cold, straight from the fridge or freezer.
Refreshing blueberry flavor and sweet white chocolate really make amazing combo. You could easily become addicted to these yummy, little bites. Once you try them you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Blueberry Truffles recipe instruction