Chicken Vesuvio Recipe is delicious, restaurant styled, one skillet dinner for whole family! This easy chicken recipe is perfect dinner idea for a busy weeknight! Complete meal is prepared in just one pot! Roasted skillet chicken on the bone, potato chunks and peas in garlicky white whine sauce is family favorite!
When it’s about a weeknight dinner, I love ONE POT DISHES! One pot prep is always so simple and easy. And you’ll have complete and delicious meal for your family with less dirty dishes to clean after.
One pot chicken recipes are always my first choice for weeknight dinners. We have chicken for dinner several times a week. I’ve already share a few of my favorite chicken recipes: Chicken Alfredo Bake, Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken, Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe.
What is Chicken Vesuvio:
But, let’s get back to this Chicken Vesuvio Recipe. Chicken Vesuvio is a dish made with skin-on bone-in chicken things. Chicken things are first roasted in a skillet, then baked in the oven. As a side with chicken you have potato chunks, peas and delicious garlic, herb and white wine sauce. It’s complete, flavorful dish made in one skillet.
White wine-garlic sauce with olive oil, butter, oregano and thyme is simply delicious. I like to mop it with crusted bread. If you and your family like that, too, then I suggest you to double the recipe for the sauce.
Finally, you can drizzle some freshly squeezed lemon juice on top and sprinkle with fresh parsley, But it’s very delicious and flavorful even without that.
With Chicken Vesuvio served for dinner, you family will enjoy as if you went to a luxury restaurant for fancy meal.
How to Make Chicken Vesuvio:Print
Chicken Vesuvio Recipe is delicious, restaurant styled, one skillet dinner for whole family! Roasted skillet chicken on the bone, potato chunks and peas in garlicky white whine sauce is family favorite!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken things with skin and bone (about 1.5 lb.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. potato cut in chunks ( I used small red skin potato)
- 4-5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white whine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon red crushed red pepper flakes-optional
- 2/3 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- fresh parsley-chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- Over medium high heat, in a large ovenproof skillet, heat ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Season chicken things with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Place potatoe chunks in the same skillet, season with oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes and cook until potatoes are golden brown on all sides (about 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add salted butter, white wine and chicken stock and deglaze the pan. Stir in peas. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken in the pan and stir everything together and place the skillet in preheated oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 375 F.
- Serve with fresh parsley and drizzle with lemon juice if desired.