This Chicken Vesuvio Recipe is a delicious, restaurant style dinner for the whole family! A one-pot chicken recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone (about 1.5 lb.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. potato cut in chunks ( I used small red skin potato)
- 4–5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon red crushed red pepper flakes-optional
- 2/3 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- fresh parsley-chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- Over medium high heat, in a large ovenproof skillet, heat ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Place potatoes chunks in the same skillet, season with oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes and cook until potatoes are golden brown on all sides (about 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add salted butter, white wine and chicken stock and deglaze the pan. Stir in peas. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken in the pan and stir everything together and place the skillet in a preheated oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 375 F.
- Serve with fresh parsley and drizzle with lemon juice if desired.