This Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is an easy dinner idea for busy weeknights. The whole family will enjoy this flavorful garlic lemon chicken breast in a creamy sauce. It’s an easy and healthy dinner recipe, and so are these Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken and Healthy Slow Cooker Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes are my favorites weeknight dinners for whole family. Whenever you are tired or busy, just throw everything together in your crock pot and let it do all the works. Chicken cooked in slow cooker turns out so juicy and always full of flavors. And all of these slow cooker chicken breast recipes are so versatile. One of my favorites is Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Lemon Garlic Chicken: One of My Favorite Ways to Make Slow Cooker Chicken
Soft and tender chicken breasts infused with lemon and garlic flavor in a creamy sauce are perfect topping for pasta, too. If you are more into light and easy meals, then you can serve it with steamed broccoli and rice or with oven roasted asparagus.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Chicken in A Slow Cooker:
First, you’ll need to sear chicken breasts in a skillet. It’s worth the extra 5 mins of work and dirty dish to bring out the flavor of the chicken. Then remove the chicken and in the same skillet brown diced shallots.
Next, in a large measuring cup combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, chicken broth, minced garlic, browned shallots and red pepper flakes. Finally, arrange seared chicken breasts in a slow cooker, pour the liquid mixture, cover with the lid and let the slow cooker do the rest.
If you want to make lemon garlic sauce creamy, then you’ll need to remove cooked chicken breast from a slow cooker at the end and add cornstarch slurry, salted butter and heavy cream and stir to combine in a liquid in slow cooker. Then, place back the chicken and cook on high for another 30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breasts in a Slow Cooker?
Cook chicken breasts until the chicken is tender and reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Cooking time may vary, depending on size and type of chicken breast you use and the brand of your slow cooker. For smaller boneless, skinless chicken breasts, it takes about 4 to 5 hours on low, or 2 to 3 hours on high.
For this Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe, you’ll have 30 minutes extra time of cooking on high when you add the ingredients for thickening the sauce.
Craving for more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes?
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe is easy and healthy way to make homemade rotisserie style chicken!
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe is an easy and delicious dish to make but packed with such an amazing flavor.Print
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
This Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is an easy dinner idea for busy weeknights. The whole family will enjoy this flavorful garlic lemon chicken breast in a creamy sauce. It’s an easy and healthy dinner recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot-finely diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4–5 garlic cloves-minced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter-softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley-for serving
- Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness, season with salt and pepper o taste. Heat Olive oil in a skillet and sear the chicken on both sides until browned (about 5 minutes). Remove the chicken from the skillet and place diced shallots, simmer in the same skillet until soft and gets golden brown color.
- Grease the bottom of Slow Cooker and arrange seared chicken breast on the bottom.
- In a measuring cup combine chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic, browned shallots and red pepper flakes, then pour the mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-2.5 hours (depending on size of chicken breasts).
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Remove the chicken from slow cooker. Place softened butter and cornstarch mixture in slow cooker and stir to dissolve. Stir in heavy cream. Place chicken back in slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until the sauce thicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Could I cook this in a Dutch oven on top of the stove. How long should I cook it? Thanks. It looks and sounds amazing but I do not own a slow cooker.
[…] Via omgchocolatedesserts.com […]
I’ve enjoyed looking over two chicken recipes. –I haven’t cooked one yet but, want to try this one.
As you are about chocolate, a thought teases me about making a cheesecake with “Nilla wafers” and cacao for a crust. A simple cheesecake with re-hydrated cherries mixed into it and, berries on top.. –Ever use ‘Nilla wafers..?
Haven’t tried yet! Is there a way to print your recipes without all the ads?