Need an idea for cheap and easy weeknight dinner recipe? Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken in homemade sauce with garlic, honey and soy sauce, served with broccoli and rice as a side, is definitely healthy and easy meal for your family. Not to mention, this Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is crowd pleaser !
Since this is a slow cooker recipe, it’s not a quick dinner, but definitely easy, delicious and healthy. It has a short ingredient list and you don’t need much active time from prep.
Place boneless chicken breast in your slow cooker. Stir together soy sauce honey, garlic, onion and ginger to make homemade teriyaki sauce, pour over chicken and let your Crock Pot does all the work. In fact, you can just sit and enjoy the smell of the soy infused chicken cooking away.
That’s why I love my crockpot so much. I love when dinner can cook itself. Moreover I love the results. There’s nothing better than chicken cooked in slow cooker. Crockpot chicken is always cooked to perfection. It simply melts in your mouth. It’s incredibly soft, tender and juicy. You can shred it easily with a fork, it basically falls apart.
Teriyaki chicken is a classic, but cooking in crockpot make a huge different. Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken is out of this world!
On the other hand, this homemade teriyaki sauce is awesome. Using honey as a sweetener unlike the majority of recipes that use sugar, make a huge difference in flavor. When I found this recipe I knew I have to try it.
Homemade tender chicken with sweet and savory glaze is better than any take out meal.
Given these points, this Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken should find a place at your dinner rotation. I’m sure your family will love it.
Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Need an idea for cheap and easy weeknight dinner recipe? Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken is just what you are searching for!!!
- about 1.5-2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 medium onion- chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup honey (to taste)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds-optional
- Sliced green onions-optional
- In the bottom of crockpot , arrange chicken breasts in a single .
- In a bowl stir together minced garlic, onion, ground ginger, ground pepper, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey. Pour the mixture over chicken and cook on high 4-5 hours. Depending on the size of chicken breasts you use, the chicken might be cooked in less time. It’s done when it could be easily shred with a fork.
- Transfer the chicken on a plate and shred with a fork.
- Place remaining teriyaki mixture from crockpot to a medium sauce pan.
- Transfer shredded chicken back in the crockpot and cover to stay warm while you making the sauce.
- In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch in cold water, then pour it in teriyaki mixture and whisk to combine. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes (it will thicken quickly).
- Pour the sauce over shredded chicken in crockpot and stir to coat it evenly.
- Serve chicken over rice and broccoli if desired. Top the chicken with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven!