Baked Chicken Parmesan is simple and easy recipe for weeknight dinner. Crispy breaded, Chicken Parmesan, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, served with pasta is perfect meal for your family. Oven baked chicken is always good choice for a healthy meal. You must try my Chicken Parmesan Casserole, it’s delicious, too.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parm is a classic, but when you are making dinner for your family, you want to keep it healthy, too. Wen you bake it in the oven, chicken is light and healthy, compared to fried chicken. But, baked breaded chicken is just as juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside as fried chicken. Moreover, it’s full of flavor, moist and so tasty.
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe is delicious family approved meal!
Last year I shared the recipe for Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken. These were delicious cheesy, garlic Parmesan and corn flakes crusted chicken breasts stuffed with cheddar cheese.
But, this time I keep my new Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe simple and classic. So, I used bread crumbs instead corn flakes. To make it extra crispy and flavorful, I added dry Italian seasoning in bread crumbs, alongside the Parmesan cheese.
Baked Chicken Parmesan topped with tomato sauce and melted cheese taste really awesome. It’s quick and easy, simple main dish for weeknight dinner. You can serve it with pasta, spaghetti or just a salad and your kids will love it, too!!!
However, fresh, healthy homemade meal for your family, made in less than 45 minutes sound like great idea, right!?
If you are looking for more delicious and easy recipes for simple family dinner, then you must check my Chicken Alfredo Bake, Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe, Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken and Chicken Vesuvio Recipe, too.
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe:Print
Baked Chicken Parmesan is simple and easy recipe for weeknight dinner.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- salt and freshly ground pepper-to taste
- garlic powder-to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg – slightly beaten
- ¾ panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. dry Italian seasoning
- 4–5 Tbsp. marinara sauce
- 6 Tbsp. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast in half horizontally, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Arrange 3 shallow dishes in a line. Place the flour in the first one. Beat the eggs in the second dish. In the third dish combine bread crumbs, dry Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in flour, then dip in egg. Finally, dip in bread crumbs to coat well and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Lightly grease the tops of chicken with baking spray and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and get nice golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, spread about 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted.