Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe with sausage, bacon and eggs is easy, make ahead breakfast, brunch or weeknight dinner meal for whole family.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Although I call it BREAKFAST CASSEROLE, this easy TATER TOT RECIPE would be great for lunch, dinner or brunch, too.
I love tater tots! These yummy bite sized Hash Browns are so easy to use and adjustable to variety of dishes. My family love them, too. So, I always have a few bags of frozen tater tots in my freezer and use it often.
Already I’ve tried so many Tater Tot recipes, but my all-time favorite is TATER TOT CASSEROLE. Casserole recipes are always great. You simply can’t go wrong with casserole. However, every kind of meat would work: chicken, beef, sausage, ham, bacon…Add some cheese and the ingredients you have on hand, mix it up and pop in the oven to bake. The best part about any casserole recipes is that you have whole meal in just one dish.
But, my favorite is MAKE AHEAD CASSEROLE RECIPES, as this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. Since this casserole could be assembled and store in the fridge overnight, I make it often as a breakfast. To tell the truth, I’m not an early bird. Therefore, I don’t have too much time to cook breakfast in the morning, ot even on weekends.
Again, with this type of recipes, that could be make ahead, my family can enjoy cooked meal for breakfast from time to time.
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole with sausage, bacon and eggs is delicious breakfast or brunch. But, it’s also it’s very satisfying for lunch or dinner, since it’s very hearty. My whole family love it, so I hope yours like it, too. Just try it and let me know!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole RecipePrint
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe with sausage, bacon and eggs is easy, make ahead breakfast, brunch or weeknight dinner meal for whole family.
- 1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage (I used spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons onion-very finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (more or less- to taste)
- salt to taste (1/8- ¼ teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups (10 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese- divided
- about 2 lb. frozen tater tots
- 4 slices of bacon-cooked and crumbled
- 2–3 green onion-thinly sliced
- In a skillet greased with olive oil, place the sausage and onion. Break the sausage up with a wooden spoon and cook over medium heat until browned and cook through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray 13 x 9-inch casserole with cooking spray.
- Layer cooked sausage into baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk 3 eggs, milk, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over cheese and sausage.
- Layer frozen tater tots on top. At this point you can cover casserole with aluminum foil and place in the fridge over night or bake immediately.
- Bake uncovered about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled cooked bacon and remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake additional 5-8 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and sprinkle with sliced green onion before serving.