Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe is easy and healthy way to make homemade rotisserie style chicken! Delicious homemade rotisserie chicken can be served as the main course or shredded and used for another recipe. Cooking whole chicken in a crock pot is perfect for the MEAL PREP for the week as well as this Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts Recipe.
Rotisserie Chicken in a slow cooker is my favorite meal prep recipe for the week. Whole chicken cooked in a slow cooker can be used in so many ways. You can serve it as a main dish. Add some veggies and salad and you have quick, easy, delicious and healthy meal for whole family.
However, you can shred leftovers and used for another recipe. If you don’t have any idea how to use up leftovers rotisserie chicken, then you should check these delicious recipes: Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole or Chicken Alfredo Bake.
How to cook whole chicken in Slow cooker?
Making your own rotisserie style chicken at home is super simple. One of my favorite ways to make a whole chicken is in my slow cooker. Make the entire roasting chicken tucked right in there is so easy. In a crock pot, whole chicken is slow cooked to perfection. Meat stays tender and soft, never dries out and keeps all the flavors.
All you need to do is rub seasoning mix in chicken skin. Then arrange balls of aluminum foil on the bottom of slow cooker and place whole chicken on top, cover with the lid and cook for a few hours. It takes about 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. Cooking time depending on size of chicken you use and the brand of your slow cooker. So, cook until the chicken is tender and reach an internal temperature of 165°F. That way you’ll get delicious, fall of the bone chicken, that stays moist and tender keeping all the juiciness and flavors.
Perfectly seasoned chicken in slow cooker tastes like it’s fresh off the rotisserie. Seasoning mix gives chicken slow-roasted flavor and golden appearance without using a rotisserie. If you want a crisper skin you can broil chicken in the oven for 5 minutes, but it so delicious even without this extra step.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe:Print
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe is easy and healthy way to make homemade rotisserie style chicken! Delicious homemade rotisserie chicken can be served as the main course or shredded and used for another recipe.
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 lbs.)- neck and giblets removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less-to taste)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Roll 4 balls of aluminum foil and place on the bottom of greased slow cooker (to use as rack for chicken so the juices will stay in the bottom of slow cooker under the chicken).
- Remove neck and goblet from the chicken, rinse the chicken with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt pepper and seasonings. Rub seasoning mix all over chicken skin.
- Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 7-7.5 hours, or on high for 4-4.5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker (it’s very tender and it could fall apart).
- Serve the chicken as desired.
- If you want crispier skin, place the chicken on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes.