Strawberry Cheesecake is an easy recipe for delicious spring and summer dessert. This cake will look perfect at your Easter table, too! This strawberry dessert is the classic, melt-in your-mouth New York Style Cheesecake with a delicious twist! It’s finished with a gorgeous homemade strawberry topping and it tastes as amazing as it looks!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is so easy to make and even easier devour or share with your family and friends. Delicious cheesecake with strawberry topping looks fancy enough to shows up at birthday parties or holidays. It will be perfect Easter dessert, too!
Strawberry Cheesecake is rich and dense, but creamy and smooth at the same time. Homemade strawberry topping is light syrup with cooked and fresh strawberries, and it make this cake absolutely delicious!
The base of this cake is New York Style Cheesecake that I’ve shared before in its naked glory. It’s rich and delicious enough to serve it plain. But springtime inspired me to take it over the top with irresistible strawberry sauce!
And there it is! Awesome Strawberry Cheesecake is here! It’s perfect recipe to open strawberry baking season!
If you love strawberries, too, you won’t be able to resist a strawberry sauce that slowly drips down the slice of smooth and creamy cheesecake.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake
If you like rich and dense, but smooth and creamy consistency of a cheesecake, make sure to use full fat cream cheese and room temperature ingredients.
The most common issue is how to avoid the cracks at the top of cheesecake. The trick is not to over beating the batter after adding the eggs. Therefore, make sure to run your mixer on low speed because you don’t want to incorporate a lot of air into the batter. Just slowly combine ingredients until smooth.
Cracks could appear because too much moisture is losing during the baking or because the cheesecake is over baked, too. That’s the reason way you should always use water bath for cheesecake. Water bath keep moisture and evenly distribute the heat.
Strawberry Topping for Cheesecake
Homemade Strawberry Topping for Cheesecake is simple strawberry sauce made with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla.
Recipe is simple and easy. However, this sauce can be used as topping for cakes, cheesecake, ice cream or pancakes, too.
To make strawberry sauce in a sauce pan combine half of the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and remaining strawberries. Cool to a room temperature, before using.
[pinterest-image message=”This Strawberry Cheesecake is the classic, melt-in your-mouth New York Style Cheesecake with a delicious twist! It’s finished with a gorgeous homemade strawberry topping and it tastes as amazing as it looks! #strawberry #cheesecake #newyorkstyle ” image=”https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Strawberry-Cheesecake-collage.jpg”]Print
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 100
- Total Time: 130
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Strawberry Cheesecake is an easy recipe for delicious spring and summer dessert. A classic, melt-in your-mouth New York Style Cheesecake with a delicious homemade strawberry topping!
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 lbs. full fat cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs-room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream- room temperature
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries-diced
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in lower third.
- Place double layer of extra-large aluminum foil under your 9 inch springform pan and cover the bottom and sides of the pan, wrap it tightly around the sides to make sure no water gets in during baking in water bath.
- To make the crust mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and salt. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of springform pan. Bake for 10-12 mins, then set aside to cool.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 325 F!!!
- To make the filling beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Then, beat in salt, vanilla, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Beat in eggs one at a time running your mixer on low speed and just slowly combine ingredients until smooth. You don’t want to incorporate a lot of air into the batter.
- Finally, beat in sour cream.
- Place springform pan into roasting pan. Pour the batter into springform pan and smooth the top. Pour boiling water in roasting pan halfway up the side of the springform pan make sure no water drip on the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 40-50 minutes.
- When the cheesecake is baked let it sit in the oven with the door slightly open for 1 hour (don’t forget to turn off the oven!!!)
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, dry the bottom of the pan, run a thin knife around the edges to loosen the cake and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the top and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 5 hours or overnight before you add strawberry topping. When the cake is cooled, run a thin knife around the cake and release the ring from springform pan. Transfer the cake onto serving plate.
- In a sauce pan combine half of the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and remaining strawberries. Cool to a room temperature, then spread over the cake.
Can you use a mini cheesecake pan to make individual cakes?
Yes, yo could do that!
That looks so refreshing and delicious! I make cheesecakes all the time but I can’t wait to try this one. That strawberry topping looks divine and I imagine it would be great on ice cream too.
Were you suppose to leave lid on the roaster,because it didn’t say and I followed the instructions and it didn’t say to leave on so i didn’t and my cheesecake isn’t done☹️
This is my go to for strawberry cheesecake! Absolutely the best!
Omg ? this cheese cake was absolutely the BEST
My boyfriend and I love it ?
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent!
Cracked. Followed the directions exactly and still got massive cracks on top. Also the app is super annoying with pop ups and ads and makes it REALLY difficult to see the recipe. Tried to print from the app and it refused to.
I made this for some dinner guests this weekend and it looked and tasted wonderful. It baked to perfection and was light and fluffy. I chose to substitute the crust for a chocolate nut crust which was a great compliment to the strawberries since it is berry season here in Florida. Great recipe! You won’t regret baking this one! ❤️
I made my first Cheesecake from your recipe and I must say,” This is the BEST’ cheesecake I’ve ever tasted. Thank you for this recipe. I was afraid to do it at first because of the water bath , but now I am soaring after I tasted the final results. It came out beautifully. It wasn’t a wet cheesecake but creamy and smooth. It was delicious!!!! Thank you so much!!1
Thank you for sharing this delightfully easy, mouthwateringly delicious recipe. Have baked this cake several times since I first tried it a few weeks back and it’s been a huge success each time!
Is it supposed to brown before opening the oven door for an hour? Mine isn’t even golden…
Sounds Great, so it’s baked for 1hr 45min all together or 1 hr and then 45 min in the oven with the door open???
Looks delicious ? 2 questions please: 1. What is the size of the springform pan you used?
2. What is the size of the standard measurement cup used? 250 ml?
The measuring cup is 240 ml, and the springform pan is 9 inches.
My first time making cheesecake and wow! This is soooo good! I took strawberry preserves and swirled it into it before I baked it.. turned out great!
Never ever have I made a cheesecake, this is the first and it turned out beautifully. Although, the taste test will be tomorrow after it sits in the fridge overnight. There were no cracks and it looks delicious. Followed your instructions to the T and found it easy enough. Thank you.
A substitute for sour cream?
A substitute for sour cream?
Hi, is there a reason to use tub cream cheese and not the blocks? Thanks
Fantastic, my family loved it, had to make a second one. Light and tasty
Thank you for sharing
This is the cheesecake recipe I go back to time after time it’s perfectly tangy and not too sweet. I don’t always make it strawberry, but it’s the best base recipe for a New York style cheesecake. Love your recipes! Making it again right now for Thanksgiving. For a sweeter cheesecake I love love your pecan pie cheesecake. I normally do that one but not this year.