Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars is super simple, one-bowl and no-mixer recipe for healthy dessert, kid-friendly snack or breakfast on-the-go! Because, oatmeal is always good breakfast choice , maybe you will like to try chocolate oatmeal bars version.
I love these bars for so many reasons. First of all, they taste AWESOME! Hearty oats and sweet juicy strawberries make really amazing combo. Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are egg-free, in case you’re looking for that kind of recipe.
Even better is that, they are so simple to make. Bottom layer and topping are made from one mixture. Just whisk together dry ingredients with melted coconut oil and press it in the bottom of the pan.You don’t even need a mixer for this recipe. Also you don’t have to make the filling in a separate bowl. Just scatter diced strawberries, sprinkle with sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and topped with reserved crumbs.
In just a couple of minutes your bars are ready to go in the oven and you won’t be overwhelmed with a bunch of dirty dishes. It can’t be much easier than that, right?! After 45 minutes you’ll have the best bars you’ve ever tried.
And the last but not the least, you can eat these Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars without feeling guilt. They are healthy and skinny!!! The recipe use coconut oil instead of butter, whole wheat flour and light brown sugar instead white flour and sugar. And that doesn’t make these bars less tasty. Actually you can’t even tell that this is lighter and healthier version of classic dessert.
Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are so delicious. The bottom layer is like soft and chewy oatmeal cookie with a hint of cinnamon and ginger and the topping is yummy and crunchy streusel. Sweet and juicy strawberry filling is simply mouthwatering. It makes perfect balance with hearty oats.
If you try these irresistible bars you’ll want them for every breakfast and snack, but they are also very satisfying as a dessert.
Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are full of flavor and taste great on their own, but if you are looking for a really sweet treat that doesn’t have to be too skinny you can drizzle them with vanilla glaze. I personally like them even more without the glaze. Strawberries make them sweet enough for my taste, but it’s up to you.
Craving for more oatmeal recipes!? Check these too:
This rich chocolate oatmeal bars recipe is an real keeper recipe. Three layers of chocolatey goodness make these revel bars undeniably delicious. Cut in slices and grab for an on-the-go snack.
Whether you need a dessert or snack, no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars recipe will satisfy your taste buds! Peanut butter oatmeal bars with chocolate frosting and pieces of Reese’s cups on top, are sure to please.
Need clean eating breakfast idea? These skinny Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are easy, yummy and healthy recipe, you must try it.
Pin Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars image for later:Print
Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars is super simple, one-bowl and no-mixer recipe for healthy dessert, kid-friendly snack or breakfast on-the-go!
- 7 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 7 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 10 oz. diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon milk (or more )
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the center position. Line 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides.
- In a bowl stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, oats and flour. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla and stir to combine. The mixture should be evenly moistened and crumbly. Reserve about ¾ cup of the mixture for topping and press remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter half of the strawberries, sprinkle with cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar. Scatter remaining strawberries and then sprinkle with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (until the topping gets nice golden color).
- Cool completely before serving.
- To make the glaze whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth. For thicker consistency add more powdered sugar or add more milk if you want to thin the glaze. Drizzle over the bars and serve.
Recipe adapted from Well Plated By Erin