Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch are easy to make and the best chewy chocolate chip cookies. Loaded with chocolate chips, this cookie recipe with corn starch is simply perfect!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. corn starch
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter- melted and cooled to a room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- First, whisk dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl place melted butter, brown sugar and sugar. Mix until the sugar dissolve. Then add egg and vanilla and mix on low speed just to combine.
- Next, on low speed slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Then add chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds until evenly disturbed. Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough into 1inch balls and arrange onto baking sheet leaving at least 2 inch apart. Press additional chocolate chips on top and sides.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just barely golden on the bottom and edges. They will look unbaked and very soft, too. Let them cool for 10 minutes on the pan, then transfer on a rack to cool completely. While they are cooling the cookies with harden on the outside and slightly deflate, too.
- Store cooled cookies in an air tight container for up to 1 week or you can freeze them for longer storage, too.