Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies are perfect bite-sized snacks that are also gluten-free, vegan and low carb! These easy granola cookies are dipped in dark chocolate with a chewy scoop of smooth peanut butter filling in the middle that’s topped with peanuts. If you want to indulge yourself but to energize as well, you should check these No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cups, too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies
Granola Cookies with dark chocolate and peanut butter are healthy option for anytime of the day- breakfast, snack, but very satisfying dessert, too!
These granola cookies are mixture of ground rolled oats and peanuts, sweetened with brown sugar. Instead of egg, butter and milk, I used with flaxseed egg, coconut oil and almond milk. I wanted to make a healthier base for delicious peanut butter filling.
The mixture is really simple to make, just pulse everything in a blender or a food processor. Then press a heaping tablespoon of mixture in each cup of cupcake pan and bake for 13- 15 minutes.
How to Assemble These Easy Granola Cookies
When granola cookies are baked, invert them and press the center to make the dent for filling. For filling you’ll need melted peanut butter and some chopped peanuts to sprinkle on top.
But that’s not all. These delicious granola cookies filled with peanut butter are dipped in melted dark chocolate, too! What goes better together than peanut butter and chocolate?
Peanut butter and chocolate are the best ever flavor combo! But, decadence of peanut butter combined with chocolate and the wholesome goodness of whole grain oats and peanuts gives you a new kind of indulgence.
However, who can resist this mouthwatering filling and crisp granola, plus there is a layer of chocolate?! There is whole lotta goodness all in one little Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies.
Craving for more healthy recipes like this one? Try these:
Need a quick and healthy snack? No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups are easy and healthy snack for kids and adults and perfect breakfast to grab and go on busy mornings.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups are quick and easy no bake dessert or snack with only 5 healthy ingredients.Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies are perfect bite-sized snacks that are also gluten-free, vegan and low carb! These easy granola cookies are dipped in dark chocolate with a chewy scoop of smooth peanut butter filling in the middle that’s topped with peanuts.
- 1 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons water
- 2–3 Tablespoons almond milk (you can use regular milk if not vegan)
- ¾ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2–3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the center position. Grease silicon cupcake mold and set aside. If you don’t have silicon mold you can use regular cupcake pan, just greass it well..
- First make flax egg. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal and 2 ½ tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to set up and thicken.
- In a food processor pulse together oats and peanuts until finely ground.
- Add brown sugar, salt, baking soda and pulse to combine.
- Add flax egg and melted coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Finally add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at the time and pulse until the dough form a ball.
- Pres 1 ½ Tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom of each cavity. Bake 13-15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert them on a sheet of parchment paper and press the center with a bottom of small glass or measuring spoon, to make the dent for the filling. Before you press the cookies, hold the edges with your fingers to prevent cracking and falling apart of the cookies. Let them cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Dip the top of each cookie in melted chocolate and invert them on a tray lined with a sheet of parchment paper. Place them in the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate is harden.
- Slightly melt the peanut butter. Invert the cookies and fill the dents with peanut butter. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.