Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies are perfect bite-sized snacks that are also gluten-free, vegan and low carb! These easy granola cookies are dipped in dark chocolate with a chewy scoop of smooth peanut butter filling in the middle that’s topped with peanuts.
- 1 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons water
- 2–3 Tablespoons almond milk (you can use regular milk if not vegan)
- ¾ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2–3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the center position. Grease silicon cupcake mold and set aside. If you don’t have silicon mold you can use regular cupcake pan, just greass it well..
- First make flax egg. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal and 2 ½ tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to set up and thicken.
- In a food processor pulse together oats and peanuts until finely ground.
- Add brown sugar, salt, baking soda and pulse to combine.
- Add flax egg and melted coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Finally add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at the time and pulse until the dough form a ball.
- Pres 1 ½ Tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom of each cavity. Bake 13-15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert them on a sheet of parchment paper and press the center with a bottom of small glass or measuring spoon, to make the dent for the filling. Before you press the cookies, hold the edges with your fingers to prevent cracking and falling apart of the cookies. Let them cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Dip the top of each cookie in melted chocolate and invert them on a tray lined with a sheet of parchment paper. Place them in the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate is harden.
- Slightly melt the peanut butter. Invert the cookies and fill the dents with peanut butter. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.