Baked Chicken Parmesan is an easy chicken recipe for a weeknight dinner. Crispy-breaded chicken parmesan served with pasta, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, is the perfect meal for your family. Oven baked chicken is always a good choice for a healthy meal!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- salt and freshly ground pepper-to taste
- garlic powder-to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg – slightly beaten
- ¾ panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. dry Italian seasoning
- 4–5 Tbsp. marinara sauce
- 6 Tbsp. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast in half horizontally, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Arrange 3 shallow dishes in a line. Place the flour in the first one. Beat the eggs in the second dish. In the third dish combine bread crumbs, dry Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in flour, then dip in egg. Finally, dip in bread crumbs to coat well and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Lightly grease the tops of chicken with baking spray and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and get nice golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, spread about 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted.