Triple Strawberry Cake is a moist and flavorful cake made with cake mix boosted with fresh strawberries, covered with yummy strawberry glaze and a lot of whipped cream and more fresh strawberries on top. This cake is a must make spring dessert. If you like strawberries check my No Bake Strawberry Jello Lasagna or Strawberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake, too.
Triple Strawberry Cake
Spring is the most beautiful time of the year. Spring and summer mean that the strawberry season is in the full swing. However, I like to eat fresh juicy strawberries so much, but I love to bake with strawberries, too. I’ve already shared many strawberry dessert recipes in previous years here on my blog.
Today, I’m sharing my Triple Strawberry Cake recipe. The recipe starts with a strawberry cake mix. But to boost the flavor and texture I added chopped strawberries in the cake batter. I baked it in a bundt pan, just to make it more festive and fancier looking for Easter holiday.
I used strawberry flavored cake mix and added fresh strawberries in the cake. But, for true strawberry lover like I am, it didn’t seem enough.
Although I first thought to cover this cake just with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, nevertheless, in the end, I decided to spice it all up with an amazing strawberry glaze.
The cake is moist and flavorful thanks to strawberries added in the cake mix, but I wanted to make it super moist with the ultimate strawberry flavor.
So, I made lick-the-bow good glaze with strawberry chunks and pour it over freshly baked cake. Warm cake soaked so much juice and flavor from the glaze. After it was completely cooled, I added another layer of strawberry glaze on top. I finished it with mounds of whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
However, this Triple Strawberry Cake is so flavorful, refreshing and perfect treat for spring and summer. If you like strawberry desserts or strawberries and cream combo, you should definitely try this recipe.
Triple Strawberry Cake with is moist and flavorful strawberry cake mix boosted with fresh strawberries, covered with yummy strawberry glaze and a lot of whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top is a must make spring dessert.
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) strawberry cake mix + ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil and water)
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- 22 oz. (600 grams) frozen sliced strawberries
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- fresh sliced strawberries-for garnish
- First, make the strawberry glaze and let it cool before you spoon it over the cake.
- To make the glaze in a saucepan combine frozen strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until it starts simmering, stirring occasionally. Then reduce the heat and cook for about 20-25minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and strawberries soften and brake in small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the lower third position.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Grease 9 inches (12 cups volume) bundt pan with non-stick baking spray (use the one with flour, not cooking spray). Transfer cake mixture in the pan, smooth the top and bake 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This cake requires longer baking time than the time specified on the box, due to the addition of fresh strawberries. If it starts browning too much tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool the cake 5-8 minutes in the pan, then shake the pan and tap it a few times onto the working surface then invert the cake on a plate.
- With a spoon, spread strawberry gaze all over the warm cake. (The glaze will leak from the cake into the plate Just scrape it from the plate with a spoon and spread back on the cake.) Spread as much glaze as possible all over the cake. Reserve remaining glaze in the fridge for later. Cool the cake completely in the fridge, then apply another layer of strawberry glaze.
- To make the whipped cream beat chilled heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until stiff peaks form. Using a spoon, dollop the whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.