May and desserts! The first thing that comes to my mind is strawberry. So, if you are not ready for frozen desserts yet, this Strawberry Pound Cake recipe is the perfect in-the-middle choice of spring and summer desserts. Made with strawberries and cream cheese frosting, this pound cake is a sweet hello to springtime!
Easy Springtime Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
If you love food blogging, then there is very little probability that you haven’t heard of the fantastic blog Lilluna.com . The few years I’m a fan of sites like this, Lilluna is one of the starting destinations in the search for new recipes. You can imagine then how happy I was when, a few months ago, I found out that in the year 2015. I will have the honor to be a contributor on this blog along with a few more fantastic bloggers.
And so I come back to the story about desserts with strawberries. A few weeks ago, Krisyn (Lilluna author) and I were discussing a dessert which would be just great for the beginning of the spring season. The first thing that we agreed was that strawberries are the obvious choice. The first thing that came to my mind is that it would be great if I modified my already proven Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake just a little tiny bit and turn it into a refreshing Strawberry Pound Cake. Since Krisyn was delighted with the idea, the recipe was soon „to be tested“ in my kitchen.
Best Cream Cheese Frosting Pound Cake
Since the first recipe with blueberries was really good and tasty, the only thing I had left was to go by the already blazed path and just replace the blueberry with nicely cut small pieces of strawberry. And really, as I supposed, the beautiful red strawberries made a really great contrast with white glaze and so my Strawberry Pound Cake looked really attractive. As for the taste, I will repeat the same sentence that i bravely said on Lilluna – this is really the tastiest pound cake that I have tried in my life!
So, if you haven’t decided what will be your spring/summer dessert with strawberries before you begin the adventure with frozen desserts, my proposal is absolutely Strawberry Pound Cake. Enjoyment guaranteed
Strawberry Pound Cake
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 16 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
May and desserts! The first thing that comes to my mind is strawberry. And if you are not ready for frozen desserts yet, this Strawberry Pound Cake recipe is the perfect in-the-middle choice of spring and summer desserts. Made with strawberries and cream cheese frosting, this pound cake is a sweet hello to springtime!
For the Cake:
- 180 grams cake flour-sifted (it’s about 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons unsifted flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries- diced
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- 300 grams sugar (11/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons browned butter
- Flour to toss the strawberries and chocolate chips
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter-softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 11/2 cup powdered sugar (or more to make it thick enough to spread on top of the cake)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4–5 strawberries-diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
To make the cake:
- Preheat the convection air oven to 325 F. If you don’t have convection air oven raise the temperature to 350 F and you’ll have to rotate the pan half way through the baking time. Butter and flour 8.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches loaf pan, then line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine cake flour with baking powder and salt, sift it three times and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan brown 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat to get nice amber color, remove the foam and set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla, set aside.
- Cream the butter on medium speed, slowly add sugar and continue mixing until smooth. Add heavy cream and mascarpone, and beat on medium speed to combine, then turn the mixer on low speed and gradually add dry ingredients alternately with eggs.
- Add one tablespoon flour in chocolate chips and toss them to cover evenly. Toss diced strawberries with a handful flour to cover them completely.
- Using a spatula stir chocolate chips in the batter, then gently stir in strawberries and pour the batter into prepared pan, smooth the top and gently tap it onto working surface to remove the air bubbles.
- With a butter knife draw a line down the center of the cake and pour browned butter into the line. Bake until the top of the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 60 to 70 minutes). Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan on the rack and cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Cream together softened butter and cream cheese until smooth, slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on low speed, mix in vanilla extract. Spread on top of the cooled cake and place the cake in the fridge to set the frosting.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil stirring until smooth (if it’s too thin let it cool for a few minutes to set before drizzle over the cake).
- Scatter diced strawberries onto the frosting and drizzle with melted chocolate (using a spoon or transfer the chocolate into small zip-lock bag, cut off the corner and pipe the chocolate over the cake). Store the cake in the fridge.
[…] Strawberry Pound Cake from OMG Chocolate Desserts […]
I love pound cake and strawberries are a brilliant addition!
The Old Fat Guy
this cake is gorgeous, so decadent !
Oh yum, this looks delicious! I think I just put on about 5 pounds, just looking at the pictures! Pinning to try next time I get strawberries, and nice to meet you on The Weekend Retreat link party.
Thanks Meredith 🙂
Going to make this as my easter dessert:-)…YUM
I’m kind of a sucker for both strawberries and cakes. As a matter of fact, I even grow strawberries myself at my garden. I’ll definitely try your recipe when I harvest them next week!
Thanks Amy 🙂
If I wanted to make a round cake instead of a loaf, what measurement tin should I use and would the oven temperature and timings differ?
Sorry, I haven’t tried it.
[…] because food blog always requires some new recipes. But a few days ago I had to make my favorite Strawberry Pound Cake, just purely for my whim. I like it so much so I still had to do it […]
[…] Strawberry Pound Cake | OMG Chocolate Dessert […]
What can I substitute if I do not have the Mascarpone cheese ?
You can use cream cheese.