Triple Strawberry Cake with is moist and flavorful strawberry cake mix boosted with fresh strawberries, covered with yummy strawberry glaze and a lot of whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top is a must make spring dessert.
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) strawberry cake mix + ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil and water)
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- 22 oz. (600 grams) frozen sliced strawberries
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- fresh sliced strawberries-for garnish
- First, make the strawberry glaze and let it cool before you spoon it over the cake.
- To make the glaze in a saucepan combine frozen strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until it starts simmering, stirring occasionally. Then reduce the heat and cook for about 20-25minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and strawberries soften and brake in small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the lower third position.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Grease 9 inches (12 cups volume) bundt pan with non-stick baking spray (use the one with flour, not cooking spray). Transfer cake mixture in the pan, smooth the top and bake 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This cake requires longer baking time than the time specified on the box, due to the addition of fresh strawberries. If it starts browning too much tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool the cake 5-8 minutes in the pan, then shake the pan and tap it a few times onto the working surface then invert the cake on a plate.
- With a spoon, spread strawberry gaze all over the warm cake. (The glaze will leak from the cake into the plate Just scrape it from the plate with a spoon and spread back on the cake.) Spread as much glaze as possible all over the cake. Reserve remaining glaze in the fridge for later. Cool the cake completely in the fridge, then apply another layer of strawberry glaze.
- To make the whipped cream beat chilled heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until stiff peaks form. Using a spoon, dollop the whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.