Flourless Chocolate Cake is the best and the most decadent chocolate cake I’ve ever tried!!! Every single bite of this cake is extremely rich and fudgy and chocolate glaze takes it over the top! But the best part is how SIMPLE and EASY it is to make. This is chocolate lovers dream come true!!!
This Flourless Chocolate Cake is one of those “Oh My Goodness“ Chocolate Desserts! Well, it might sound bold, but it’s true.
Moreover, this cake will impress your guests, and nobody will know that you’ve done it in no time.
Since, this decadent chocolate cake is completely flourless, then you might ask:
What is Flourless Chocolate Cake made of?
Flourless Chocolate Cake is made of chocolate custard. It’s consisted of melted chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder.
Is Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe gluten free?
Flourless Chocolate Cake is gluten free cake. This chocolate cake contains neither flour nor leavening. That’s why this cake is very popular in a gluten free diet.
Whether you are on a gluten free diet or not, this cake you need to try. It’s super RICH and FUDGY, since it’s featuring both chocolate and cocoa. And it’s really a large amount of chocolate for such a small cake. But certainly not too much! Because there is no such thing as too much chocolate!!! Real chocolate lovers understand what I’m saying.
How do you make a flourless chocolate cake?
Melt chocolate and butter and set aside to cool. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix to combine. Mix in cocoa powder and pour in prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, then cool completely. Top with chocolate glaze. It’s extremely EASY to make and the result is Best Flourless Chocolate Cake.
If you are true chocolate lover, you should also check these
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CAKE recipes:
Flourless Chocolate Cake RecipePrint
Every single bite of this Flourless Chocolate Cake is extremely rich and fudgy and chocolate glaze takes it over the top!
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate- chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (plus more to grease the pan)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder-sifted (plus more to dust the pan)
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4.5 oz. bitter sweet,semi sweet or milk chocolate-chopped (I combined 2 oz. milk chocolate and 2.5 oz. semi sweet chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 300F and place the rack in the middle position.
- Grease 9 x 2 inches round cake pan with butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper, butter the paper, then lightly dust bottom and sides with cocoa powder, then tap off the excess of cocoa powder and set aside.
- Place ¾ cup of unsalted butter cut in 1 inch pieces and 12 oz chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave or over a pot of simmering water. Stir until completely smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl place eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat on a medium speed until pale yellow and doubled in size.
- With your mixer running on low speed, gradually add melted chocolate and mix to combine. Add cocoa powder and mix just until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter in prepared pan and bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake the cake!!!
- Col the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, hen run a thin knife around the edges and invert the cake on a rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled cake to a serving plate and make the glaze.
- In a heatproof bowl combine 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter and 4.5 oz. chopped chocolate. Again, you can melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave or over a pot of simmering water, stirring until completely smooth. Spread over completely cooled cake.
- Store in the fridge. Remove from the fridge about half an hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and drizzle with strawberry syrup if desired.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking