Super Bowl Cupcakes are better than a touchdown!!! If you are hosting Super Bowl party, you’ll need delicious dessert for the Big Game! Nothing tastes sweeter than a Super Bowl win, but these delicious chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel, peanuts and popcorn come pretty close!
Super Bowl Desserts
Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? Hosting a Super bowl party means you need a lot of food for a hungry crowd! Fried chicken , spicy appetizers like Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Balls and easy snacks like Pizza Breadsticks are Super Bowl food party staple.
But, as the game’s winding down, you’ll need something sweet to soothe your stress or celebrate your team’s win! There is nothing better than these popcorn cupcakes. They are loaded with sweet and salty caramel and peanuts filling and completely covered with chocolate. But pile of delicious caramel popcorn and peanuts on top makes them look so festive!
I few years ago, I saw awesome looking Snickers Superfun Cupcakes at The Cupcakes Bandits blog. Those were vanilla cupcakes stuffed with mini snickers, covered with chocolate and topped with Snickers popcorn. They looked so yummy and so fun.
Unfortunately, this blog no longer exists. But I did not save that recipe… So, I had to make them from scratch without the recipe. I made chocolate cupcakes instead of vanilla, filled them with the mixture of peanuts and salted caramel and dip them in chocolate. Then. for the topping I made my own version of salted caramel popcorn. However, they turned out great-delicious and festive looking.
This Superbowl dessert will make Super Bowl Sunday sweet, no matter the game’s outcome!
Craving for more chocolate cupcakes!? Check these:
Perfect S’mores Cupcakes – delicious chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust, filled with light and fluffy marshmallow filling and topped with milk chocolate ganache.
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes are delicious chocolate cupcakes stuffed with Ferrero Rocher candy and topped with decadent Nutella frosting.Print
Super Bowl Cupcakes are better than a touchdown!!!
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup peanuts-chopped
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 5 cups popcorn
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce (pus 2–3 Tablespoons more if needed)
- 10 oz. dark chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- To make the cupcakes in a bowl whisk together dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture in cupcake liners. Fill just a little more than halfway full (less than 2/3 full). If you fill the liners too full, the cupcakes will overflow and have a mushroom top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in the pan to cool to a room temperature.
- Using a cupcake corer or a sharp knife cut out the center of each cupcake to make the room for the filling. Trim the tops and save for later.
- To make the filling stir together chopped peanuts and caramel sauce. Using a teaspoon place the filling in the holes. Press the filling as much as you can and fill them generously. Place back the tops and press to seal.
- Place the cupcakes in the fridge for an hour, or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers according the package directions.
- Peel off the liners from cupcakes. Dip each cupcake in melted chocolate. Use two forks to rotate the cupcake in chocolate to cover completely. Transfer chocolate covered cupcake on a rack or on parchment paper lined tray to set.
- In a very large bowl stir together popcorn, 1 cup peanuts and 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (add more caramel if needed).
- Transfer leftovers of melted wafers in a zip-lock bag and cut of small corner. Drizzle chocolate on top of cupcake. Stick a small bunch of popcorn on top and drizzle with chocolate. Then add more popcorn and drizzle with chocolate again.