Super Bowl Cupcakes are better than a touchdown!!!
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup peanuts-chopped
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 5 cups popcorn
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce (pus 2-3 Tablespoons more if needed)
- 10 oz. dark chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- To make the cupcakes in a bowl whisk together dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture in cupcake liners. Fill just a little more than halfway full (less than 2/3 full). If you fill the liners too full, the cupcakes will overflow and have a mushroom top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in the pan to cool to a room temperature.
- Using a cupcake corer or a sharp knife cut out the center of each cupcake to make the room for the filling. Trim the tops and save for later.
- To make the filling stir together chopped peanuts and caramel sauce. Using a teaspoon place the filling in the holes. Press the filling as much as you can and fill them generously. Place back the tops and press to seal.
- Place the cupcakes in the fridge for an hour, or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers according the package directions.
- Peel off the liners from cupcakes. Dip each cupcake in melted chocolate. Use two forks to rotate the cupcake in chocolate to cover completely. Transfer chocolate covered cupcake on a rack or on parchment paper lined tray to set.
- In a very large bowl stir together popcorn, 1 cup peanuts and 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (add more caramel if needed).
- Transfer leftovers of melted wafers in a zip-lock bag and cut of small corner. Drizzle chocolate on top of cupcake. Stick a small bunch of popcorn on top and drizzle with chocolate. Then add more popcorn and drizzle with chocolate again.