Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping are moist and flavorful breakfast muffins, and they burst with strawberries in every single bite. Juicy strawberries and cream cheese make an irresistible flavors combo. These muffins are so simple to bake. With just a few basic ingredients and fresh strawberries, in only half an hour you will have an outrageous breakfast to start your day.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping
These strawberry muffins with smooth cream cheese filling and crunchy streusel are an easy recipe for a delicious breakfast. Soft and crunchy at the same time, these muffins are a win-win combo.
Baking with strawberries is a great way to welcome spring. These homemade strawberry cream cheese muffins would be an equally delicious dessert, snack, or breakfast treat. Make a batch of these yummy muffins, loaded with strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling and irresistibly, crumbly streusel topping, and you’ll have an easy grab-and-go breakfast, pack a few in a lunchbox and you’ll have a delicious snack later.
Packed with fresh, juicy strawberries, they are so tasty. But the best part? There’s a cheesecake surprise inside.
How To Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Strawberry Muffins with cheesecake filling is simple and easy to make. This muffin recipe uses just a few basic ingredients: flour, sugar, oil, butter, egg, vanilla extract, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt for a moist and soft texture. It makes awesome, homemade muffins, better than the one from the bakery, and can be made in minutes by hand or with a mixer.
First make the streusel topping, by whisking with a fork flour, salt, sugar, and melted butter. You can use light brown sugar or regular, granulated sugar.
Next stir together dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl whisk by hand egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and Greek yogurt. Add wet ingredients in dry and whisk everything together. Finally, fold in diced strawberries.
To make the cream cheese filling mix softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and corn starch.
And to assemble the muffins, first layer muffin batter, then a spoonful of cream cheese mixture, cover with muffin batter, and finally top generously with streusel topping. You can add more strawberries on top. Bake them for 22-25 minutes. Drizzle baked and cooled muffins with powdered sugar glaze if desired.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel Topping are moist and flavorful breakfast muffins, and they burst with strawberries in every single bite.
Streusel Crumb Topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese-room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ –2 ½ teaspoons milk or creme
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, line cupcake pan with paper liners ad set aside. This recipe makes 9-10 muffins.
- To make the crumb topping, stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and whisk with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To make the muffins in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand.
- Finally, using a rubber spatula, fold in diced strawberries. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of diced strawberries to top the muffins.
- To make the cream cheese filling, mix softened cream cheese, sugar, corn starch and vanilla just to combine.
- To assemble the muffins, add 1 Tablespoon of muffin mixture in each cup. Drop 1 not quite full Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each muffin. Cover cream cheese filling with muffin batter, filling each cup about 2/3 to ¾ full.
- Generously top each muffin with streusel crumbs. Add a few strawberry pieces on top and gently press the crumbs to stick to the muffin batter.
- Place in preheated oven and reduce the temperature to 350 F. Bake 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the center has set.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the pan, then transfer the muffins on a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Stir powdered sugar with milk or cream. Start with 1 teaspoon of the liquid and gradually add more until desired consistency has reached. Drizzle over muffins and serve.