Blueberry Lemon Blondies is a quick and easy recipe for a moist, sweet, and tangy, refreshing dessert. Made from scratch with a few simple ingredients and fresh blueberries, lemon juice, and zest, these blondies are crowd-pleasers. If you are craving more luscious recipes with this combination, I also have delicious Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake and Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
Blueberry Lemon Blondies
With the tangy lemon flavor from freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon zest, packed with fresh blueberries in every single bite, topped with lemon blueberry glaze, these Blueberry Lemon Brownies one of my favorite lemon blueberry desserts ever. If you’re a fan of the lemon and blueberry combo, you will love these blondies so much!
If you’re a fan of lemon dessert, maybe you have already tried my Lemon Cheesecake Brownies. Lemon brownies or blondies are irresistible. And just when you thought these super soft and moist lemon desserts couldn’t get any better, you can add blueberries and topped them with a lemon blueberry glaze making them the best summer treat ever!
Lemon juice and zest, fresh blueberries, and sugar glaze make the perfect balance between sweet and tart in these rich and buttery blondies.
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Blondies
These Blueberry Lemon Blondies are the most simple lemon blueberry dessert ever! They are delicious and don’t take tons of effort either.
First, cream softened butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Then add egg and lemon juice and mix just to combine. Next add the mixture of flour, baking powder, and salt. Finally, fold in a generous cup of fresh blueberries and spread the mixture in a paper-lined baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 F.
When blondies are cooled to room temperature, make the glaze. You can make a simple lemon glaze, a mixture of powdered sugar, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you want to make the purple glaze, you can use blueberry juice. Pulse a heaping tablespoon of frozen blueberries with lemon juice in a food processor, drain the juice and mix with powdered sugar. If it sounds like too much effort, use just lemon juice, and that’s totally fine, too.
Blueberry Lemon Blondies is a quick and easy recipe for a moist, sweet, and tangy, refreshing dessert. Made from scratch with a few simple ingredients and fresh blueberries, lemon juice, and zest, these blondies are crowd-pleasers.
Blueberry Lemon Blondies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 large egg-room temperature
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar-sifted
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a large overhang the sides so you can easily lift the blondes from the pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Beat softened butter, sugar and lemon zest for 2 minutes. Add egg and mix to combine.
- Next, add lemon juice and mix to combine. It won’t come together completely, but that’s OK.
- Add flour mixture and mix until all combined well.
- Finally, using a rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and bake 25-30 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden brown on the edges and the center has set completely.
- Cool to a room temperature
- To make the glaze, in a food processor, pulse lemon juice and frozen blueberries (use frozen blueberries to get intense purple color). Strain the juice. Stir powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon of the juice. Add more juice if needed. The glaze should be spreadable but not too runny. If it’s too thin add more powdered sugar, and if it’s too thick add more juice until reach desired consistency.
- Spread over blondies and let harden, about 10 minutes, before serving.