Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is easy and delicious family dinner for busy weeknight.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot-finely diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4–5 garlic cloves-minced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter-softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley-for serving
- Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness, season with salt and pepper o taste. Heat Olive oil in a skillet and sear the chicken on both sides until browned (about 5 minutes). Remove the chicken from the skillet and place diced shallots, simmer in the same skillet until soft and gets golden brown color.
- Grease the bottom of Slow Cooker and arrange seared chicken breast on the bottom.
- In a measuring cup combine chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic, browned shallots and red pepper flakes, then pour the mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-2.5 hours (depending on size of chicken breasts).
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Remove the chicken from slow cooker. Place softened butter and cornstarch mixture in slow cooker and stir to dissolve. Stir in heavy cream. Place chicken back in slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until the sauce thicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.