Red Velvet Truffles are a must make Valentine’s Day treat. So easy and oh so yummy!!! You will fall head over heels for these and if you want someone to fall in love with you, make them these sweet little bites. I’m not kidding.
This recipe is all about Valentine’s Day, which is one of my favorite holidays when it comes to food. I know, it’s more than a month from the pinkest holiday of the year, but I couldn’t wait to share my favorite festive cupid inspired recipes with you.
My favorites from previous years were Ding Dong Chocolate Hearts and Oreo Truffles Valentine’s Heart. Oreo truffles are Valentine’s Day classic treat, but this year I’ve chosen different flavor -delicious Red Velvet Cake. I wanted to bring more changes compared to the previous desserts that were all in the shape of a heart, because beautiful red color of these truffles will be enough to make them perfect festive treat for the holiday that celebrates love.
Red Velvet Truffles are bites of red velvet cake rolled up and dipped in white chocolate. And when it’s about red velvet cake, what goes perfectly with red velvet, besides white chocolate, cream cheese frosting may be the answer you’re looking for. Since I don’t like too sweet desert I decided to use just softened cream cheese instead frosting this time.
You know that I prefer homemade and made from scratch recipes and rarely use a box mix, but this time I made an exception. I want this recipe to be more than simple and easy to make. You’ll need only three ingredients: red velvet boxed cake mix, cream cheese and chocolate. These delicious Red Velvet Truffles are made of crumbled red velvet cake mixed with mixed with cream cheese, rolled into balls and then dipped into chocolate.
Craving for more red velvet desserts?! Then you will like this:
Christmas Lasagna is whimsical layered dessert with buttery red velvet shortbread cookie crust, peppermint cheesecake layer, white chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows on top.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcakes are perfect Valentine’s Day treat that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth, and they’re absolutely adorable, too!
Red Velvet Truffles are bites of red velvet cake rolled up and dipped in white chocolate.
- box red velvet cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box to prepare the cake)
- 8 oz cream cheese-softened
- 16 oz white chocolate
- 2 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- Prepare the 9 x 13 inch cake according to package instructions, let it cool completely then crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and knead gently with your fingers until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Roll about 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. You will get about 35-40 balls. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Melt white chocolate, remove cake balls form the fridge and using a fork dip them into melted chocolate. Place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate, roll the ball to coat evenly coat with the chocolate, then slightly tap the fork against the side of the bowl to trim the excess chocolate and place the truffle on the parchment paper. Set them back in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
- Melt dark chocolate, transfer into a small bag, cut the corner off and pipe melted chocolate on top of the truffles.
- Store in the fridge.