Christmas Cheesecake is fun and festive dessert for Xmas Holidays. Is it too early to think about Christmas ideas, Christmas decorations and Christmas food?! If you ask me, it’s perfect timing to start planning Christmas party and collecting recipes for holiday baking as well.
Moreover, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. In fact, I love everything about it and I’m so excited like a kid. Actually, I can’t wait December to start so I could pull out the Christmas tree and decorate my home. And let me tell you something, but in the confidence…shhhh! Maybe you should call me crazy, but I’ve already started to buy Christmas gifts.
However, as you can see after my two last posts, I’m carried away with developing Christmas recipes, too. To tell the truth, I have two brand new Christmas dessert recipes for upcoming holiday already. So, you may want to check my Cranberry Pistachio Lasagna, too. And maybe some of my older Christmas recipes: Red Velvet Truffles, Christmas Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies, Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Truffles … But these two was the biggest hit on my blog ever: Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake and Christmas Lasagna.
So let’s get back to today’s Christmas Cheesecake. It’s perfect choice for Christmas dessert. It looks so fun and cute, but fancy, too. Also, red, white and green colors are traditionally associated with Christmas. And that’s the reason why I called this cheesecake “Christmas Cheesecakes”. Above all, this cake with it’s red, white and green striped filling simply scream Christmas!
And when it’s about the taste, this Christmas Cheesecake is also very delicious, smooth and creamy, too. Moreover, I suggest you to use peppermint extract and make it in mint flavored, just like peppermint candy canes. But if you don’t like mint, feel free to use vanilla extract. And that will taste great, too.
Christmas Dessert Recipes:
CHRISTMAS CHEESECAKE RECIPE:Print
Christmas Cheesecake is fun and festive dessert for Xmas Holidays.
- 24 Oreo cookies (whole with the filling)
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 32 oz. cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red and green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease 9” springform pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Then wrap springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil to make sure no water leaks in when you place it in water bath.
- First, pulse Oreo cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs and stir in melted butter until evenly moistened. Then press the mixture firmly into the bottom of springform pan and place in the freezer to firm.
- Next, mix cream cheese, sugar and peppermint extract just to combine. Add eggs and mix on low speed just to combine, too. Do not overmix it!!! Then fold in sour cream. The batter should be pourable, but not too runny.
- Reserve half of the batter in white color and remaining half divide in 2 small bowls and add red and green food coloring.
- To make striped effect, pour the batter in small amounts in the center of the crust. Start with white batter and continue alternately with green and red, until use all batters. In case your batter is a bit thicker than it should and won’t push down and spread out previous layer, gently shake the pan to cause the spreading. As you layering the batter it should spread and make concentric circles.
- Gently transfer springform pan in large roasting pan filled with hot water halfway through. Place in the oven and bake 90-110 minutes until the edges are set and the center is just slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour. Then lift springform pan from water bath and place it on the counter to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- First remove foil, then remove ring from springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.