Peanut Butter Cheesecake loaded with Snickers candy bars baked on a brownie crust topped with caramel and peanuts, finished with a thick layer of milk chocolate ganache is an impressive dessert recipe for any party. This Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake recipe is an upgraded version of my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Snickers and Brownie Bottom
What do you get when you combine all of these sweet treats—rich cheesecake with Snickers candy bars, brownies, caramel sauce, crunchy salted peanuts, and milk chocolate ganache in one delectable cake? Pure bliss!!!
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. If there is anything better than this combo, then it is chocolate-peanut butter boosted with Snickers candy bars, caramel, and peanuts.
This decadent cheesecake has so many delicious layers.
First, it has a brownie bottom. Instead of regular cookie or graham cracker crust, I used a brownie mix to make chewy fudge brownie “crust”.
The central layer is smooth and creamy peanut butter cheesecake, loaded with chunks of Snickers candy.
Then comes the star of the show- caramel and salted peanuts layer. My favorite part of Snickers candy bars is definitely chewy and sticky caramel with crunchy peanuts. I added a generous layer of this goodness on top of my cheesecake.
Finally, on top, there is smooth and silky, milk chocolate ganache garnished with more snickers candy pieces.
How to Make Brownie Crust for Cheesecake?
For this recipe, I choose to make brownie bottom instead of regular cookie crust because Oreo crust can be overpowering and sometimes too sweet. Therefore I pick a chewy and fudgy brownie layer for the base of this cheesecake.
Most cheesecake recipes with a brownie bottom, whether it uses homemade brownies or brownie mix, prebake the brownies before adding cheesecake filling. I did not bake the brownies, just chill he crust in the freezer.
I used brownie mix to make the base layer. Also, I substituted the oil with melted butter and didn’t use water. I wanted the brownie mixture to be thick and doughy. Then, I pated the dough into the bottom using a spatula and placed it in the freezer while making the filling. The same process is used for my Ooey Gooey Pecan Butter Cake.
However, I didn’t need to add water, just an egg, and melted butter, and all dry ingredients clumped together perfectly. If you have some dry mix leftovers on the bottom of the bowl, add just a bit of water to clump everything together.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
The most important thing is to bring all of the ingredients to room temperature. If the cream cheese is not softened and the eggs or sour cream is cold, your mixture will be lumpy.
Beat softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Add sour cream, peanut butter, and corn starch and mix just to combine. Next, add eggs and mix at low speed to combine evenly. Scrape down the bottom of the bowl. Using a spatula, stir in chopped Snickers. Spread the mixture over the chilled brownie layer and bake.
How to Make Caramel Peanut Topping
If you don’t want to bother with making homemade caramel from scratch, use the shortcut like I did and make the caramel sauce from soft caramel candies. Unwrap the candies and put them into a saucepan over low heat. Add evaporated milk and gently stir until smooth. When the caramel is smooth and creamy stir in peanuts.
The mixture will thicken very fast so you have to be quick. Spoon the mixture over cooled cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Place in the fridge to firm.
How to Make Milk Chocolate Ganache?
The common way to make the ganache is to pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and let the heat of the cream melt the chocolate. But since the caramel layer is lumpy due to peanuts, you’ll need a thick ganache so you can even it out.
You can make the ganache the regular way and wait for the ganache to thicken, but I found this way faster to work. Place chopped chocolate and ½ cup of heavy cream in a saucepan and melt over LOW heat, stir it gently until completely smooth and has no lumps. Then stir in the remaining cold heavy whipping cream. Cold cream will thicken the ganache fast. Use just about half of the ganache and set the cake in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden the first layer of the ganache. Take the cake from the freezer and reheat the rest of the ganache to thin it so you can pour it over the cake to make the smooth and shiny surface.
Let the ganache cool at room temperature, then place the cake in the fridge until ready to serve. That way you will keep the shine of the ganache.
However, this cheesecake recipe seems to require too many steps, but it’s not that hard to make, and the result is totally worth it.
Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Cheesecake loaded with Snickers candy bars baked on a Brownie Crust topped with caramel and peanuts, finished with a thick layer of milk chocolate ganache is an impressive dessert recipe for any party.
- 1 (17 oz.) box brownie mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsaletd butter-melted
- water – if needed
Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- 24 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs-slightly beaten with the fork
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 oz. Snicers candy bars-chopped in small pieces
Caramel Peanut Layer:
- 9 oz. soft caramel candies-unwraped
- 3 Talespoons evaporated milk (can be substituted with heavy cream)
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- 10 oz. milk chocolate-finely chopped ( or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped Snickers candy bars
- Line the bottom of an 9-inches springform pan with parchment paper, grease with baking spray and wrap the pan in two layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil. You won’t bake the cheesecake in a water bath, but aluminum foil prevents the cake from burning on the edges and rising unevenly.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix with 1 egg and ½ cup melted butter. Mix to comes together. The mixture will be very thick. If it’s not come together add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until everything is well blended, but to stay thick. Pat the mixture on the bottom of the pan to make an even layer. Place in the fridge or freezer.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla.
- Add sour cream, peanut butter, and corn starch and mix just to combine.
- Add eggs and mix at low speed to combine evenly. Scrape down the bottom of the bowl.
- Using a spatula, stir in chopped Snickers.
- Spread the mixture over the brownie bottom and smooth the top. Place in the preheated oven, then place a small pot filled with water under the pan (at the bottom of the oven). This will provide enough moisture to prevent the cheesecake from cracking on top, and no need for a water bath.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until the center has set. If the top starts browning too much tent the top with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Turn off the oven and crack the door open for an additional hour, then place the cake on the counter to cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- When it’s cooled remove the ring from the springform pan and transfer the cake onto the serving plate.
Caramel Peanuts Layer:
- Unwrap the candies and put them into a saucepan over low heat. Add evaporated milk and gently stir until smooth. When the caramel is smooth and creamy stir in peanuts.
- Spoon the mixture over cooled cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Place in the fridge to firm.
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Place chopped chocolate and ½ cup of heavy cream in a saucepan and melt over LOW heat, stir it gently until completely smooth and has no lumps. Then stir in the remaining cold heavy whipping cream. Cold cream will thicken the ganache. You’ll need a thick ganache so you can make a smooth and even layer over the lumpy peanut layer. Use just half of the ganache and set the cake in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden the ganache. Take the cake from the freezer and reheat the rest of the ganache to thin it so you can pour it over the cake to make the smooth and shiny surface.
- Garnish with chopped snickers candies.
Wish I saw this earlier, but I must say thank you for the idea of using snickers flavor with cheesecake..oh, so tempting.. can’t wait to try it out.
I am making this for my daughter’s birthday….I was wondering, can I use caramel syrup in place of the caramels???? I didn’t know if it would give the same consistency….thanks melani from pa
Hi Melanie, I think it won’t work.
I am trying to make the recipe but the peanut cheese cake ingredients doesn’t call for eggs. How many am I supposed to use? I need to know asap making it now. Thank you
Please forgive me I was so excited about making this I overlooked the eggs.
You are trying to make us FAT but it looks delicious!