Chocolate Granola Bark is easy to make and irresistibly delicious healthy snack and healthy treat. Dark chocolate, granola with dried fruits and nuts is a great idea for January healthy dessert, too. Surely, it’s healthy if you manage to eat only a piece or two, not to eat the whole bark at once.
Chocolate Granola Bark
Granola is healthy food. And dark chocolate is good for you, as well. So, if you make a candy out of chocolate and granola that means it’s healthy, right? However, I like to believe this is a healthy snack. But surely, you must be a self-controlled and eat just a few bites of this goodness.
Crunchy and flavorful, dark chocolate granola bark is irresistible. The addition of dried fruits and nuts takes it over the top.
I topped this bark with dried cranberries, banana chips, chopped pistachio, coconut, pecan, and almond. You can choose your favorite nuts and fruits. The possibilities are endless.
Also, you may notice, there is a lot of chocolate on top of this granola bark. It’s just because I love chocolate. You are under absolutely no obligation to use as much as I did, unless you love the chocolate like I do.
After the holidays, it’s hard to cut down the calories and say goodbye to all those delicious desserts. But with this chocolate granola bark, you can both satisfy your sweet tooth and eat healthier treat.
However, dark chocolate and granola…that’s my idea of a January “healthy” treat or snack.
How to Make Chocolate Granola Bark
This bark is so easy to make and easy to eat.
To make the bark in a bowl combine granola, honey, peanut butter, melted coconut oil and egg white. Whisk well until all evenly moistened. Spread mixture across the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer. Press down firmly to compact it before baking, then bake for about 20-25 minutes at 325 F.
Melt one pound of dark chocolate and spread over baked granola. Finally, sprinkle topping ingredients in rows and set aside to cool completely before cutting or breaking the bark.
Chocolate Granola Bark is easy to make and irresistibly delicious healthy snack and healthy treat.
For Granola layer:
- 2 ½ cups granola
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 ½Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 ½ Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg white-beaten with the fork
For Chocolate layer:
- 1 pound (450 grams) dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 Tablespoons coconut shavings
- ¼ cup dried banana chips
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and stir in peanut butter and honey.
- In a large bowl place granola (crush the large chunks) and pour melted ingredients over granola. Add egg white and stir well, until everything is evenly moistened.
- Spread mixture evenly across the prepared baking sheet in a thin layer. Press down firmly to compact it well before baking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 325 F or until golden brown.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package directions, then spread over baked granola.
- Sprinkle topping ingredients in rows (make sure to keep the rows as even as possible).
- Refrigerate until firm (2-3 hours).
- Using a sharp knife cut the bark into pieces.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.