Banana Bread Cheesecake is a melt-in-your-mouth combo of creamy vanilla cheesecake and the moistest chocolate chip banana bread. You get two delicious treats in one! And if that’s not enough for you, there is cream cheese buttercream frosting on top of this unique delicacy. This double dessert would be perfect to make for Easter brunch!
Banana Bread Cheesecake
Banana Bread Cheesecake is one of the best desserts I’ve ever made. Why? You get two in one. For this unique dessert I combined my favorite one-bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe and my New York Style Cheesecake.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is simple, quick and easy recipe for super moist and flavorful homemade banana bread with just a few simple ingredients and a five minutes of prep time!!! Classic New York Style Cheesecake is rich and dense, but creamy and smooth at the same time.
But, this combo of banana bread and vanilla cheesecake turned out absolutely delicious!!!
A few days ago scrolled trough my Easter recipes and found my Carrot Cake Cheesecake, that I completely forgot. And that’s how I came up with the idea for this recipe. So, I thought, why won’t I try something similar this Easter, but this time with banana bread. And will be great for Easter brunch.
However, I really like to have cream cheese swirls in my breads and coffee cakes, but sometimes just a swirl or thin layer of cheesecake is not enough for me. So, I decided to try to make a dessert that would have equal part of bread and cheesecake batter.
Therefore, I made two batters. First one is my chocolate chip banana bread and the other is vanilla cheesecake. Then I layered them random by the large spoonful into the springform pan and didn’t swirl the batter with a knife. I let them swirl by themselves as they bake. Randomness adds to its charm!
This Banana Bead Cheesecake is such a fun alternative to traditional cheesecake and banana bread. And this two delicacies baked together makes one show-stopper dessert! It’s the ultimate spring dessert, perfect for Easter table. Everyone will be impressed!
Craving for more banana recipes? Check try these:
Banana Upside Down Cake is incredibly moist and flavorful dessert, but it could be great breakfast or snack, too.
If you love banana bread but blondies as well, you must try this easy Banana Bread Blondies recipe. This simple one bowl recipe makes the best, moist and fudgy, banana blondies with brown sugar and cinnamon.Print
Banana Bread Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 120 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Banana Bread Cheesecake is a melt-in-your-mouth combo of creamy vanilla cheesecake and the moistest chocolate chip banana bread. You get two delicious treats in one!
- 16 oz. full-fat cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg+ 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large or 3 small bananas-mashed(about 1 ¼ cups )
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (to taste)
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 oz. full-fat cream cheese-softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar- sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts-for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, then grease bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil on the bottom and tightly around the outside walls of the springform pan to prevent the water leak in the pan while baking in water bath. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on medium speed in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Then add sour cream, vanilla and flour and beat until combined.
- On low speed, add the eggs and beat until combined ( do not overmix the batter!!!) and set aside.
- To make banana bread stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla until sugar dissolves. Add mashed banana and mix to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread 1 and 1/2 cups of banana bread batter over bottom of prepared pan. Drop large spoonfuls of the cheesecake batter on top of banana bread batter. Top with large spoonfuls of banana bread batter. Repeat with remaining cheesecake mixture and finish with remaining banana bread batter. Do not swirl!!!
- Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan, fill with about 1 inch of hot water and place in the oven.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes or until the center is set. If it starts browning too much, loosely top with aluminum foil. When toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs attached, turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for 5- 6 hours or overnight (preferred). When the banana bread cheesecake is completely cooled, loosen from the ring of the pan and remove the ring.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Then gradually add the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in 1-2 Tablespoons of sour cream, depending how thick or thin you want the frosting. Spread onto chilled cheesecake. Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve chilled. Store leftover covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
[…] Holidays […]
Wonderfull. I cannot resist, I’m going to prepare it.! Thank you very much
is there a reason why you need to cook the banana bread cheesecake in a water bath?
Hi Gina, yes there is. It prevent cheesecake part from cracking and the banana bread part won’t be overbaked for 75-90 minutes at 350 F.
Ohhh I’m with you. I do not like using water bath IDKY. Maybe because I don’t have the right pan?
I want to know am I missing something or what. How can you call this banana bread cheese cake and there is no bananas in here at all.
It say to use 2 to 3 bananas
Made this with a few tweaks.
First, I made it gluten free by replacing the flour with coconut flour. Used 2 teaspoons in place of the 1 tablespoon called for in the cheesecake and 3/4 plus 1 tablespoon in place of1 1/2 cups in the bread.
Second tweak was making it into a 2 layer cake instead of a single.
First, butter 2 9-inch cake pans and lined the bottom and sides with parchement paper. Next, spread about a 1/4-1/3 of the bread batter in each pan. Then, pour a thin layer of cheesecake batter on top of each. After that, drop teaspoonfuls of bread batter randomly on top of cheesecake batter. Now pour remaining cheesecake batter evenly over the two pans. I did a light swirl in the batter’s, being careful not to go into the bottom layer if bread batter, but its not necessary. Pans go into hot water bath, with water to just about halfway up. Bake in 350° oven for 35-40 mins. Let cakes cool completely then refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours. Double the frosting recipe. Remove a layer from pan. Frost a thin/medium layer if frosting then top with second layer. Frost the rest of the cake.
You can either slice and eat immediately or place in cake container and place in fridege until ready to serve.
This looks delicious, thank you for sharing!
Hi there! I can’t seem to print the banana cheesecake cake recipe. Would you please send it to me. Thanks karen
I have never left a comment on a food blog, but I had to say something about this one. I made this yesterday, and it was quite literally the worst thing I have ever made. Despite following all directions to a tee, the banana bread sections were mushy and still like cake batter, except on the edges. Additionally, the two tastes did not go together at all. The whole thing was awful and makes me sick to think about now. We threw it away. 4 others ate it too, and all agreed that it was an awful dessert. Sorry. So many ingredients and so much time spent. Don’t make this.
Well I made this earlier idk what Beth did but this was one of the best cheesecakes I’ve made and I make it often trying different recipes. The bread blends beautifully with the cheesecake flavor it’s just amazing. My gf and her son loved it this shit is fuego!! Took a while to make but it was worth it
Made this and followed the recipe exactly and everyone loved it. It was delicious. Thank you.
I only had a bundt cake pan, so that is what I utilized. It is currently in the oven and I hope it still works with that type of pan. I absolutely fell in love with this recipe as soon as I saw it. I am going to think positive and believe it will work with the pan and it will be amazing for Easter dessert tomorrow!
How did it turn out? Im making this tomorrow!
Did it turn out in Bundt pan?
I was a bit skeptical at first but it turned out beautifully… My husband simply loved it! Thank you! 😊🙏🏻
I was asked by a friend to bake this for an upcoming camping trip and I am wondering if this can be frozen or if anyone who made it froze it and how it turned out after defrosting?
I’m also wondering if this can be frozen. Has anyone done this and how did it turn out after thawing ?
waiting to see if anyone froze this? I usually freeze cheesecake so my guess is it will be fine. wrap it well in saran wrap and then aluminum foil. to defrost just put it in the fridge the day before serving.
Is there any way to make this in a 9×13 pan? I want to make for a party but don’t want it so thick. It turned out perfect in the springform pan so I’m hoping I can do this.
It was kind of a lengthy process but absolutely worth the wait. I followed the recipe to a tee. My boyfriend said out of ALL the baked things I’ve made, this has to be his favorite. He gave it a 10/10.
it was undercooked for me 🙁