Easy Skinny Strawberry Oatmeal Bars is super simple, one-bowl and no-mixer recipe for healthy dessert, kid-friendly snack or breakfast on-the-go!
- 7 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 7 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 10 oz. diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2–3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon milk (or more )
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place the rack in the center position. Line 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides.
- In a bowl stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, oats and flour. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla and stir to combine. The mixture should be evenly moistened and crumbly. Reserve about ¾ cup of the mixture for topping and press remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter half of the strawberries, sprinkle with cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar. Scatter remaining strawberries and then sprinkle with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (until the topping gets nice golden color).
- Cool completely before serving.
- To make the glaze whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth. For thicker consistency add more powdered sugar or add more milk if you want to thin the glaze. Drizzle over the bars and serve.
Recipe adapted from Well Plated By Erin