Looking for QUICK and EASY SUMMER DESSERT RECIPE?! Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas drizzled with white chocolate are delicious, EASY and FUN DESSERT, perfect as red, white and blue 4th OF JULY PARTY FOOD!!!
If you need party food for a crowd to make at the LAST MINUT, this yummy Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas recipe is really quick and easy to make.
Summer is the time for fun!!! We all love backyard parties, BBQ, picnics, outdoor fun activities with kids. 4th of July is almost here and many of you are planing the party to celebrate this holiday, too. Therefore we are all need quick and easy recipes for party food and desserts.
Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas are also delicious and quick snacks for kids. Containing plenty of fruit let’s say it’s a healthy snack. You can make them any day for your family. I’m sure they will love these chimichangas, no matter as a dessert or a snack. Above all, I love to make them for breakfast.
Even though this Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas is not no-bake recipe like most of summer desserts are, you’ll need the oven for just for 8-10 minutes. Moreover, oven baked chimichangas are lighter and much healthier than classic deep fried in oil.
For this simple recipe you’ll need just few ingredients that you probably have on hand. After all, these Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas are nothing more than soft flour tortillas filled with simple mixture of cream cheese, fresh strawberries and blueberries.
You can prepare berry cheesecake filling in no time. It’s even easier than a cheesecake fluff salad. I didn’t have fresh blueberries at the time so I used frozen and it turned out great, too. Spoon a few tablespoon of filling on each tortilla, roll it tightly, brush with melted butter, coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake. After just a few minutes in the oven tortillas became golden and crispy.
If you want to make them look super fancy for a party, drizzle white chocolate on top and garnish with fresh berries. And your chimichangas are ready for a party!!!
Easy Chimichangas Dessert Recipes:
Oven Baked Berry Cheesecake Chimichangas are delicious, EASY and FUN DESSERT, perfect as 4th OF JULY PARTY FOOD!!!
- 6 (8 inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries (4-5 oz.)
- 2/3-3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (3 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- About 2.5 oz. white chocolate or white chocolate chips-melted
- fresh strawberries-sliced
- fresh blueberries
- Place the wire rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl stir together cinnamon and ½ cup sugar, set aside.
- In a bowl cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Fold in strawberries and blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas. Spoon the filling in the lower third of each tortilla, fold the two sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll up tightly (like a burrito) leaving seal side down (you can secure it with a toothpicks if you want).
- Brush whole chimichanga (top, bottom and sides) with melted butter and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat well. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until light golden and crispy. Keep an eye on them after 6-8 minutes or the might burn easily.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with fresh fruits if desired.